Author Topic: penman/hynd  (Read 11545 times)

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
Re: penman/hynd
« Reply #9 on: Friday 18 October 13 22:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul I am not sure if I sent you a reply but I would love to compare our trees to see If I have any other errors that you might be able to help me correct. My ancestry ID is Kathi227. And for Marion I also do not have a full date for this Elspeth Hynd.    Beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline Marion West

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 October 13 23:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Beans,
I think all my trees are public and you will find all my Hynds on All my Kith and Kin. MarionHWest I just keep the basic info on Ancestry, the rest is on another database, and if you want particulars just let me know.
by the way you can check out the Dunfermline & West Fife Family History Group on Facebook.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 October 13 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi MW  :) ,

She was born about 1850 in Dunfermline, probably in the Parkneuk or Whitemyre area. I have the dates for every one of her siblings, just not her. She married Robert Mitchell in 1912 and had a son in 1914. She died in Dunfermline in 1959.

Looking at the 1959 death for Elspeth , her birth year is c1879  :-\

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Marion West

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 October 13 13:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry that was my typo. She]was born abt 1880, but I still can't find her birth. It's driving me nuts - I'll have to find out where she's baptised - if she was. I just wonder why I can find all the others and not her. I keep hoping one of her Mitchell descendants has the family bible!! with the details in it.

Offline JinCA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 July 14 19:59 BST (UK) »
I don't have more information about her birth, but am finding this discussion interesting, since I'm also a direct descendant of Henry Hynd and Helen Penman, through their son, Alexander, and his son Henry (who married Helen Adam).  Their son David was my great grandfather, so I know more about that line.
ADAM - Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland
BENNISON - Armadale, Scotland
BRUCE - Fife, Renfrewshire, Scotland
DAVIDSON - Co. Antrim, Ireland
HYND - Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland
JACKSON - Co. Down, Ireland
McArthur - Greenock, Glasgow
NAISMITH - Markinch, Fife and Bathgate, Scotland
ROBERTSON - Scotland, emigrated to Illinois, USA
RUSSELL - Paisley, Scotland
SWINLEY - Fife, Scotland