Author Topic: Fawcett Stoneyburn/Addiewell  (Read 7995 times)

Offline mrs a

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fawcett Stoneyburn/Addiewell
« on: Sunday 09 February 14 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Am looking for any info on James Fawcett born approx. 1915 to Marion Fawcett nee Campbell poss out of wedlock. There is another child of that name who did not survive. Brother/ sisters Thomas, Robert, Alexander(Sandy) , Marion and Jenny
Exact dob 22 feb 1913, surname Campbell or Fawcett but I would think he used Fawcett. Can't find death record in Scotland's people so assume he did not die in Scotland. He was in WWII but returned from war.
Fawcett, Currie, Hutton, Bauchope, Rankine, Main,Gilmour,Campbell,Tervit,Walker,Frame,Rooney, Finnie,Rea,Noble,Alexander
West Lothian, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Fife,Midlothian

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Fawcett Stoneyburn/Addiewell
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 February 14 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi mrs a,

I have looked at the 22 February 1913 birth of James Fawcett, he maybe the one that did not survive. He was listed as illegitimate, but his mother was Marion Campbell who was an Outworker, who was the widow of Robert Fawcett, who was a Colliery Fireman, who died at West Calder on 5th December 1909. He died 5th Dec 1909, of pneumonia and cardiac failure. The certificate says he had been married to Marion Campbell, who signed the death certificate as a widow.

Tom

Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 February 14 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

In the 1901 census at 34 Watt St, West Calder, Robert Fawcett was a 28yo Coal Hewer , wife was Marion 24yo, children were 5yo John, 2yo ThomasThomas and Robert Braind Fawcett was 1 month old. So when Robert died in 1909, Marion was a young widow of 32, and had at lease 3 children, we would need to check the 1911 census to find out exact number of kids.

Tom

Offline mrs a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 February 14 23:26 GMT (UK) »
thanks 'Tidybooks'
The surviving Jimmy, I believe, joined the army, survived and returned but then disappeared and there was no family contact , as he was born after Marion was widowed, he is most likely illegitimate
Have just seen birth cert, which is 22 feb 1913 but can't find death on Scotland's people so I assume he didn't die in Scotland
Fawcett, Currie, Hutton, Bauchope, Rankine, Main,Gilmour,Campbell,Tervit,Walker,Frame,Rooney, Finnie,Rea,Noble,Alexander

Offline big nanook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 02:05 GMT (UK) »
are you sure the james campbell on the birth dated cert feb 1913 , is not the one who died in sept 1914at blackburn west lothian  aged 18 months old and is buried with marion lawson fawcett 32 auchenhard terr stoney burn at west calder, born 1887 there is 5 family members in grave  big nanook

Offline mrs a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 08:23 GMT (UK) »
it appears that the James born 22nd Feb is the one who didn't survive. However. I haven't found the surviving James (Jimmy) birth details. Any help much appreciated

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mrs A,

There are no other James Fawcett's registered at that period, I did a search on Scotland Peoples website from 1910 to 1920, the only one in West Lothian was the 22 Feb 1913 one. So with Robert Fawcett dying in 1909, another birth in 1915 is 6 years after his death. Maybe he was named after his natural father then, which would make things more difficult to come up with a name.

Tom

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mrs A,

I went back the way, and I found the 1898 marriage of Robert Faucett (sic) to Marion Lawson Campbell on 16th Dec 1898 at Addiewell, he was a 26yo Stoker and Marion was a 22yo Domestic Servant. This ties up with the death certificate that I found. Robert's parents were John Fawcett (deceased) and Janet Fawcett MS Fawcett. I will check that out later. Marion's parents were Thomas Campbell and Marion Campbell MS Torbett.

Tom

Offline mrs a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 16:41 GMT (UK) »
thanks Tom
From my research so far I have that Marion Fawcett nee Campbell already had a son, John Inglis Campbell born 1895 before her marriage to Robert Fawcett.
Other children were
Thomas
Robert 1903
Marion,
Janet
Kate
Alexander
Mary
James
As Marion was widowed in 1909, there were a few children born out of wedlock!