Author Topic: Trying to find More Information on Paul Hughes son of Hugh Hughes and Anne  (Read 5154 times)

Offline cameo043

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying to find More Information on Paul Hughes son of Hugh Hughes and Anne
« on: Friday 21 September 12 22:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I just recently found out that my ggggrandfather Paul Hughes was born to Hugh Hughes and Anne in Whitford, Flintshire, Wales. I know from his Military records that he had to have been born in 1800. This comes from these statements. One he states that he had volunteered for three years with I am assuming the 79th Cameron Highlanders prior to his becoming an Ensign in that unit by the Grace of the Duke of Wellington. He also states that he is 18 when he becomes the Ensign. So give or take a year or two, he should have been born betwee 1798-1802. While stationed in Limerick City, County Limerick, Ireland he meets and marries Lady Maria Louisa Fitzgerald. She is the daughter of Attorney and Notary John Fitzgerald and Anne of Limerick City. I will list his children and who I believe they are named after and maybe this will help.

1. William Carter Hughes b. 1822 Templemore, County Tipperary, Ireland - While Paul is stationed there.
2. Robert Hughes born 1823 Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland
3. John Hughes born 1825 Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland-Named after Maria's father
4. Wellington Hughes born 1826 Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland-Named after the Duke of Wellington
5. Anna Maria Hughes born 1826 Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland-Named after both mom's and Maria
6. Charles Hughes born 1827 Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland
7. Henry Hughes born 1829 Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland-Named after Marias brother Henry
8. Adelaide Hughes born 1833 Adelaide, Middlesex, Ontario, Canada-After the town of Adelaide
9. John Hughes born 1836 Adelaide, Middlesex, Ontario, Canada-After Maria's brother John Coote Fitzgerald
10 Frederick Hughes born 1839 Adelaide, Middlesex, Ontario, Canada-My gggrandfather

I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank You

Carla

Offline vychan801

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find More Information on Paul Hughes son of Hugh Hughes and Anne
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 February 13 11:42 GMT (UK) »
hi Carla,
Paul Hughes was Bapt 27 Nov 1808 son of Hugh and Ann in Whitford, Flintshire, Wales.
Hugh Hughes (LLanasa) and Ann Hughes (Whitford) married 31 Dec 1805 Whitford, Flintshire, Wales.
Hugh Hughes was Bapt 6 Mar 1787 son of John and Dorothy in LLanasa, Flintshire, Wales.
let me know if you need more.
John

Offline cameo043

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 February 13 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

I don't know if the first reply went through or not. Thank You! I have been looking for his parentage for about 6 years. I only got his parents names and the place when someone found an email about Paul's and Marias oldest son William. The person is his gggrandson. I would love to find out more. Where and what documentation did you find for this? Paul started volunteering with the British Army according to his military file in 1815. This would have made him only 7 years old at the time of volunteering, unless he wasn't baptised until he was 8. Do you know for the time frame if he would/could have been volunteering at the age of 7? I know that during that era alot of things were different. Also if you could scan and email me pictures if you have them of the documentation that would be great.

Carla

Offline vychan801

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 February 13 21:31 GMT (UK) »
hi Carla, sorry getting back to you, here in Australia I am just getting out of bed, wiping the sleep from my eyes, I came on this site last night for the first time, to see what it like and see if I can help.
The information I hold is; all of Flintshire and Denbighshire Parish Registers most of then only up to 1812 but some is up to 1899.
Plus all of the Graveyard Memorial Inscriptions for the two Shire`s that is inprint.
now you can see where my Vaughan-Jenkins family come from.
John

Offline cameo043

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 May 13 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

I hope everything is going well with you. You mentioned previously that you had more information. Could you please tell me whatever you have record of of John and Dorothy's other children, Hugh and Ann's other children. Also if any of them are buried there. If I wanted t see the record, do you know if the Family History Library as copied these records. Eventually I would like to have copies of the pages out of your sources or a film. I am able to attach these as a picture to each persons name. I eventually would like to find pictures of them and if not of them, then of their headstones. Have a great weekend. It is Memorial weekend here.

Offline cameo043

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 May 13 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

I forgot to ask what was the religion of the Hughes families?

Carla

Offline cameo043

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 September 13 04:18 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

I hope everything is going well for you in Australia. You had looked up the information on my ggggrandfather Paul Hughes. You had stated that you might be able to provide more information. Can you take a look and see if he had any siblings? His parents were Hugh Hughes and Ann Hughes (I don't know if her maiden name was Hughes). Also could you see if you can find Ann's parents and John Hughes and Dorothy (Hugh's parents) marriage date and children. I am going to try and purchase the parish record books as soon as finances provide for it. We adopted a little Chihuahua on Thanksgiving Day. She was going door to door, riddled with fleas, nails going back into the pads, filthy, and only weighed 2 pounds (she should have weighed 5 to 6 lbs. She has had seven seizures and we had to take her to two vets and an emergency vet and then back for follow up. Thank You for all of your help.

Carla