Author Topic: Census look up Please Allan, Ralph, Frank Ponsonby, Monmouthshire  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Ponsonby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Census look up Please Allan, Ralph, Frank Ponsonby, Monmouthshire
« Reply #18 on: Friday 04 July 14 18:59 BST (UK) »
I am in some difficulty. Arthur was my grandfather not my great grandfather and obviously I can answer most queries concerning my family. However he was born in 1865 the year the American Civil War ended, so how can I summarize 150 years of family history on a public internet forum. If someone really wants to know because of some family connexion or their own ancestry then I can shed light on the subject. I mentioned the phone number because you said NOT to mention an e-mail address. How else can I communicate? Help!

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 04 July 14 19:11 BST (UK) »
 :) Hi again just post 1 more time and you will be able to send a private message to Paul if you feel that is necessary, I personally would like to know of Frank and Ralph?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ponsonby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 04 July 14 19:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks.  After my grandfather died in 1910 on his 45th birthday of a heart attack following a family party, the family was decimated in many ways. Young Ralph decided to go to Australia to start a new life. He reached his destination but on arriving at Port Pirie he was crushed to death by a load of falling felled trees. He is buried in Port Pirie Cemetary. I hold the 100 year lease  on his grave but it expired this year. Frank emigrated to Australia following the breakdown of his marriage. He was in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers and suffered from the effects of the War. He died relatively young in Ballaratt. He had a number of children there and I am in contact with his descendants. You will see how the bare facts of Public Records can never tell a full story.

Offline Ponsonby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 23:37 BST (UK) »
Paul.  We have been in touch but I have not heard from cousin Judy so I can tell her the Ponsonby family history. Is she on holiday?

Offline Ponsonby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 26 July 14 20:46 BST (UK) »
Paul, I am anxious to talk to Judy as I have family memorabilia and information to send to her