Author Topic: Plumpton Marriage  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Ruthmez

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Plumpton Marriage
« on: Monday 14 April 14 21:01 BST (UK) »
I have a marriage noted for Henry Adams (d 1763 in Barcombe) and Elizabeth Smith (d 1751 in Barcombe) in Plumpton on 15 September 1722, but cannot now find my source or a record.  Hoping someone can provide verification, please?  With thanks

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
Re: Plumpton Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 April 14 21:03 BST (UK) »
 ;D The marriage is on the Sussex Marriage Index.  No other information is given.

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruthmez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 03:27 BST (UK) »
Liz, thank you for your reply.  I have checked the Sussex OPC site and am unable to find the marriage.   Could you please provide a link to the Marriage Index you refer to?  With thanks, Marna

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 07:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Marna,

The SMI is an amazing resource that a Sussex researcher cannot be without!  It is a CD that can be bought from the Sussex Family History Group and is not online. 

I have checked Family Search and they can provide the relevant fiche at FH centres but do not have Plumpton records online.  The only other alternative would be a visit to The Keep, the new East Sussex Records Office - great for those of us who have lots of Sussex ancestors and who are lucky enough to live in or near Sussex. 

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Offline Ruthmez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz,
Thanks for getting back to me.  I am in Canada, so have to rely on online records, those I can access otherwise, and the 'kindness of strangers'!  Rootschatters like you are amazingly helpful and generous.  Thanks for telling me about the CD; I'll follow up on it.

Marna

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Marna,

I was at The Keep yesterday ...  8) and had a quick look at the General Register for Plumpton.  Please check your PMs.  ;D

Liz
Research interests:

Offline artifis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Marna,

If you aren't already a member it would be worth considering joining the Sussex Family History Group, from their web site as a member you can access their database of parish records for baptisms and burials.  An invaluable resource and incredibly cheap for the annual membership fee.