Author Topic: Dymeirchion on 1851 census  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
Dymeirchion on 1851 census
« on: Friday 24 May 13 18:18 BST (UK) »
What area does is it come under? 

My 3x gt grandfather died at Cildaugoed, Dymeirchion, Flintshire in 1853.  The person who reported the death and was present is one Elizabeth Hughes, unrelated as far as I know.

I'm trying to find her on 1851 census to see if she lived at this place, I know my 3x gt grandfather did not.

Thanks.
Paternal: Staffordshire, Shropshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham, Wales, Arrondissements Oudenaarde and Gent, Belgium, -  - Maternal: Cheshire, Lancashire, Ireland

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dymeirchion on 1851 census
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 May 13 18:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,

She isn`t living there as far as I can tell. 
Search for Robert Griffiths aged 64 (born c.1787) Dymeirchion.

HO107/2506 folio 35 page 10.

Added:  However further down the same page is an Elizabeth Hughes aged 32, the Blacksmiths wife born Bangor.

Mo

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 May 13 19:34 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that mo.  I guess it must have been the blacksmith's wife then.

Morris Davies was a miller and the death certificate says 'accidental death'.  I'd love to know what happened! There are no other clues on the dc.

I'm a bit confused about places in Wales.  Morris's burial record says his abode was Marian Cwm.  He was buried at Bodfari, where I know he lived for a time.  There was also a Bond issued following his death that says his widow is living at Candy Mill which is Aberwheeler/Bodfari.
Paternal: Staffordshire, Shropshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham, Wales, Arrondissements Oudenaarde and Gent, Belgium, -  - Maternal: Cheshire, Lancashire, Ireland

Offline Eldon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 17:18 BST (UK) »
I will try to help you with locations.
Today Dymeirchion is called Tremeirchion. Dy is two and Tre is three.. before you ask= I don't know, but somebody else may know.
Candy Mill is a listed building and if this link works you should find it here:
http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/wa-26643-candy-mill-with-miller-s-cottage-and-leat/osmap
(or google 'Candy Mill Aberwheeler')
If you click on the OS Map button and zoom out you will see Tremeirchion close to Bodfari. Draw a line north from the mill to the A55 and then go 10 o'clock and 11 oclock and you should find Cwm and Dyserth. Between them and to the right of Cwm you should find Marian Cwm, which is basically a cluster of houses. (you will need to zoom in to find the name).... Hope this is of help.
Regards Eldon.
Hill in Tavistock, Twose and Coles in Halberton, Flower in Havant and Wells.
Negus in Polebrook  Jones in Kingswinford, Phillips in Chirk, Dodd in Cheshire

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 18:04 BST (UK) »
Perhaps of interest,if you have access to FindMyPast/British Newspapers there are two detailed notices of sale of the property at Marian Mills in the North Wales Chronicle of 6th and 20th Jan 1855.

Regards
Roger

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 19:41 BST (UK) »
Eldon and Roger, thank you both for your very useful information. 

Roger, Unfortunately my FindMyPast subs have lapsed but I do intend to rejoin later this year, when I'll have more time to make use of the site. Although curiosity may get the better of me and I'll do it sooner!

Eldon, I've seen these places on the map and they looked quite far apart to me!  Bodfari, or is it Bodfary, I'm never sure which is correct, and Aberwheeler are places where some of Morris's children were born.  One of his residences was Geinas which I found on the map.  The Bond following his death (which looks like what I would call a letter of administration) says Mary, his wife was of Candy Mills but the bishop's transcript for his burial says Marian Cwm. 
Looking at your map (thanks!) was interesting because the more modern one, bottom right showed a place called Pentre Uchat which was given as the abode of Peter Ames who stood the Bond with Mary Davies.

Thanks again  :-*

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 20:41 BST (UK) »
I had looked at the newspapers on FindMyPast to see if an accident had been reported in 1853 but had no luck.  Didn't think to look for the Mill.