Author Topic: SEBBURN/SELLWOOD  (Read 9349 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SEBBURN/SELLWOOD
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 19:02 GMT (UK) »
I can't find a death reg for her - she may still be living?? Or died in the last 5 years - BMMD's are only available to 2005 on A*****y

Have you noticed if Martha Margaret does turn out to be William Frederick's mother, then Gilbert J Beckey might ne his father
William Frederick b Nov 1918
Martha Margaret marriage reg Mar qtr 1919 -sl she married fairly soon after Wiliam Frederick's birth??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 03:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello Suz,
Yes, I did notice that and put the two registrations together and thought the same as you. I haven't got the actual 1941 marriage cert of William F and Doris Sellwood but is another one for my list so that I can verify that he was the one born in 1918. The cert will also show father - or not.
Thanks for your help. It is appreciated.
Yours
Vic
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Mousey08

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 January 12 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I was wondering whether you had found anymore information on William Sebburn.  The William Sebburn from Nantymoel was my grandfather, let me know how you are getting on.

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 January 12 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mousey,

I haven't found very much at all, I am afraid. I think that William F. Sebburn 1918 was illeg son of Martha Margaret 1891. She was dau of Thomas Sebburn (Seabourne) and Elizabeth nee Richards. (censuses)
In 1911 Martha was still with her parents in Llangeinor,Nantymole,Glamorganshire,Wales (familysearch)

I need to get William's birth and marriage certs  to prove this but funds are a bit tight at the moment and family history expenses must wait.
All I really have as proof at the moment is the freebmd ref
Births Dec 1918  Sebburn  William F  Sebburn  Bridgend  11a 1579

If you have other info that can prove our William's are the same, that would be great.
Yours
Vic
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Mousey08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 January 12 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I do have some Cetificates, I am in work at the moment will check them out when I get home and come back to you.  My Nephew did some research and I think there were family connections in Pembroke.   

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 19 January 12 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Pembroke.  Now that is encouraging because Martha's parents and  were from Pembrokeshire as were some of her siblings according to the 1901/1911 Indexes. They married there in 1887 (FreeBMD). Son William F born Llandyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales
Look forward to hearing from you again.

When you have posted 5 messages on Rootschat I can send you a private message with my email address.

William Sebburn's wife, Doris Sellwood,  was my 3rd cousin. Her grandfather's brother (John Sellwood 1830) being my great grandfather, Richard Thomas Sellwood (1835) . 

I do hope we have a link.
Yours
Vicwinann

Offline Mousey08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 20 January 12 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicwinann

Sorry I dont know why but for some reason I believed my grandfather went by the name William, when I checked his Death Certificate it was Thomas George Sebburn.  I thought I had his birth certificate but it was my grandmother's I had.  I will check with my nephew and see what he found out when he did a search, I know he visited Pembroke so perhaps there was a connection.   

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 January 12 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello there,
Well, Thomas George 1890 was William Sebburn junior's uncle. Using the freebmd I found a marriage to Emily Matthews and 8 children for him. Also marriages for 5 of the children. Obviously, this is only speculative research. 
Thomas George 1868 I have from freebmd died in 1928, 2 years after his wife, Elizabeth Richards. I am almost 100 per cent sure that we have the same Sebburns. Which Thomas George are we talking about, father or son?
Vicwinann

Offline Mousey08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 20 January 12 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My Grandfather was the Thomas George who married Emily Matthews, my father was one of the 8 children Raymond Sebburn.  Hope this helps.