Author Topic: Burnetts Middlebie  (Read 1703 times)

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burnetts Middlebie
« on: Thursday 07 April 11 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi , I'm trying to find details of my grandfather John Nathaniel Burnett. He came to Lanarkshire, and married my gran, Eliz Beresford and lived and died in Glenmavis outside Airdrie. I think one of his relations was housekeeper at Middlebie Manse
Beresford/Beresfield/Gamble/Beck  in Co Down Ireland & Airdrie, Scotland // Burnett/Burnet in , Middlebie/Annan Areas,//  Wilson, Dornan, McAleese from Airdrie & Ireland

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Burnetts Middlebie
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 11 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

When was he born and when did the marriage take place?

Do you have a copy of the marriage cert as that will show his age and also his parents names and mothers maiden name (providing the marriage was 1855 or later)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 April 11 21:14 BST (UK) »
Carole,

He was born about 1888 in Middlebie. I don't have any documents. I've managed to go back to his parents, Robert & Sarah (nee Brown).
Beresford/Beresfield/Gamble/Beck  in Co Down Ireland & Airdrie, Scotland // Burnett/Burnet in , Middlebie/Annan Areas,//  Wilson, Dornan, McAleese from Airdrie & Ireland

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 April 11 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Soapy

I think from your other post on John's wife, you mentioned you have a subs. to Ancestry. Would guess that you have been able to find John with his family in 1891 and 1901 (have you tried also on the newly released 1911 census?).

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 May 11 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica,

I've been using Ancestry and Scotlands People, and did manage to find that my gg grandad was called Robert and I think his father was called James. Some of the detail i've uncovered would agree with the things my mum said. Burnetts were farmers.It's just amazing when you uncover another relative, or see place names you've just heard about. Members on this site a so helpful...sometimes in a couple of minutes..thanks so much.