Author Topic: Rennie - Smiddyhill  (Read 16868 times)

Offline DDJJake

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rennie - Smiddyhill
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 February 12 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,
Adult ages in the 1841 Census were rounded down to the nearer Zero or Five.
I will Personal Message you with my, and Rennie's e-mail address, so, if you wish, you will be able to contact him.

Aye
DDJJAKE
Auchmutie, Ingles, Henderson, Fife, Patrick, Moffat, Collier, Hunter, McLeod, Cassells  in Fife
Henderson, Nicoll, Baxter, Hill in Angus, Nicoll in California USA, Australia
Henderson Cuthbert, Hendry in Perth, and NY State
Telfer, Walker, Rennie, Maclaren in Falkirk, Glasgow, Paisley, USA, Australia, NZ
Rennie in Winnipeg
Richardson in Lochmaben, Dumfries
Kerr in Midlothian, Stirling, Illinois, Ontario, Manitoba
Waddel in West Lothian, Ohio
McMillan in Argyll

Offline Colin MacKenzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 May 14 22:52 BST (UK) »
John Dunsmore (1902-1950?) worked in the New York City port supervising crews of stevedores.  He had one son.

Hi TropiConsul,
Do you happen to know the name of John's son or have any other information about him? I haven't been able to find a death record for John, or to find anything relating to him or his wife, Margaret, beyond a 1940 census from Brooklyn, NY.

Thank you.

Offline TropiConsul

• RootsChat Senior
  • gg-grandfather, founder of Comfort, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 03 May 14 00:04 BST (UK) »
I believe my mother exchanges Christmas cards with him.  I'll check with her.
Campbell, McDonald, Sprague, Dunsmore, Altgelt, Paterson, Gordon, Rennie, Gorrie, Myles, Forbes, Stewart, Robertson,  Scott, McEwan, MacCallum, McLagan, Perth, Dull, Lanark, Airdrie, Campbeltown, Saddell, Kessington, Cochno, Milngavie, Rutherglen, Kilsyth, Dundee, Killin, Ferryport-on-Craig, Kirkintilloch, Ohio, New York, Inverness-shire, Blair Atholl, Mathie

Offline TropiConsul

• RootsChat Senior
  • gg-grandfather, founder of Comfort, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 03 May 14 04:08 BST (UK) »
John Dunsmore (1902-1950?) worked in the New York City port supervising crews of stevedores.  He had one son.

Hi TropiConsul,
Do you happen to know the name of John's son or have any other information about him? I haven't been able to find a death record for John, or to find anything relating to him or his wife, Margaret, beyond a 1940 census from Brooklyn, NY.

Thank you.

See the attached 1925 New York State Census from Brooklyn.
Campbell, McDonald, Sprague, Dunsmore, Altgelt, Paterson, Gordon, Rennie, Gorrie, Myles, Forbes, Stewart, Robertson,  Scott, McEwan, MacCallum, McLagan, Perth, Dull, Lanark, Airdrie, Campbeltown, Saddell, Kessington, Cochno, Milngavie, Rutherglen, Kilsyth, Dundee, Killin, Ferryport-on-Craig, Kirkintilloch, Ohio, New York, Inverness-shire, Blair Atholl, Mathie

Offline Colin MacKenzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 03 May 14 08:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you, that would be great. The Sprague Project site has been invaluable for information about the family and given me good clues.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 16:05 BST (UK) »
On www.fultonhistory.com, there are a number of Brooklyn and other New York newspapers.  After a quick check, I found a funeral notice for Eric Dunsmore (who was reported to have died in his home in 1925), a number of mentions of W. Gordon & Norman Dunsmore, and some pictures of Gordon.  http://newsstand.bklynpubliclibrary.org/ also has Brooklyn newspapers.  www.italiangen.org has New York City marriage and death indexes, as well as other databases.

Offline Colin MacKenzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 16:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you, that's great, I'll have a look there.