Author Topic: Birth and Death Record for William Colles Moore  (Read 23852 times)

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth and Death Record for William Colles Moore
« on: Monday 16 August 10 13:29 BST (UK) »
I recently received the Death Certificate for my great x 3 grandfather William Colles Moore he was the Rector of Carnew and died on 27th July 1866 at 1 Gulistan Terrace, Upper Mount Pleasant Avenue which I am assuming is in Dublin the informant is a Hickman Rose Halahan next to her name is this CLK. A.M. does anyone know what that means? I dont think she is a relative

Also what chances do I have of securing a birth certifcate for William who would have been born 1808 in County Wexford, he isnt Roman Catholic are there birth records available? if so could someone please point me in the right direction

Thanks to all
Cumbria: Hunter, Simpson, Glanville
Durham: Cook, Young
Somerset: Young, Cannon
Middlexsex: Barron, Holloway
Cornwall: Bonney, Truscott, Glanville, Brenton
Ireland: Colles-Moore
Scotland: Barron

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Birth and Death Record for William Colles Moore
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 August 10 13:33 BST (UK) »
I recently received the Death Certificate for my great x 3 grandfather William Colles Moore he was the Rector of Carnew and died on 27th July 1866 at 1 Gulistan Terrace, Upper Mount Pleasant Avenue which I am assuming is in Dublin the informant is a Hickman Rose Halahan next to her name is this CLK. A.M. does anyone know what that means? I dont think she is a relative

Also what chances do I have of securing a birth certifcate for William who would have been born 1808 in County Wexford, he isnt Roman Catholic are there birth records available? if so could someone please point me in the right direction

Gulistan Terrace is between Ranelagh and Rathmines in the southern suburbs of Dublin, and located just south of the Grand Canal.

Birth certs are only available from the start of Civil Registration in 1864, for earlier births you need to check for parish baptism records.  To do this you will need to establish the family religion  and which parish they lived in in Co. Wexford.

Dont know if this is related - but I believe I've seen A.M. used after the names of CofI minsters - dont know what it stands for though..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 August 10 13:41 BST (UK) »
thanks Shane
It looks like the parish batism records is the route forward, does this require a visit in person or are any of these available on line?

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 August 10 13:45 BST (UK) »
It would be a bit difficult to search records in registers without knowing the parish - quite a few in County Wexford. (I believe your earlier post also mentioned Wicklow as a possibility).

Was the family Church of Ireland ?

Church of Ireland records are in the Representative Church Body Library in Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin. Note that not all records survive.

Some Co. Wicklow CofI baptisms are available on a pay-website at www.irish-roots.ie - but note they do not have marriages at the moment, or any records for Co. Wexford.

Shane

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 August 10 13:50 BST (UK) »
thats a start I will have a look maybe I will find something for my 2 x great grandmother born county wicklow
thanks

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 August 10 13:59 BST (UK) »
I have just registered on the irish roots site and what worries me is I tried searching for Annie Moore born 1851 Wicklow and nothing came up so I put in her marriage details (I have the certificate) she married in Dublin - nothing came up?

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 August 10 14:02 BST (UK) »
mmmmm quite frustrating it seems its quite hard to do anything on line when it comes to Irish roots etc, maybe I would be better contacting the church where my 3 x greatgrandfather was Rector, I did try contacting the Carnew Historical Society but heard nothing back  ???

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 16 August 10 14:04 BST (UK) »
I have just registered on the irish roots site and what worries me is I tried searching for Annie Moore born 1851 Wicklow and nothing came up so I put in her marriage details (I have the certificate) she married in Dublin - nothing came up?

Where exactly did Annie marry ?

The Irish Roots website does not include Dublin City - just some parts of county Dublin.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 16 August 10 14:23 BST (UK) »
I checked back to the earlier post for details of Annie's 1874 marriage - and it was in a registry office, so will not be included in any of the parish record websites - unless they also had a church marriage.

Shane
My Surname Interests