Author Topic: 1906 Marriage  (Read 10179 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1906 Marriage
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 14:16 BST (UK) »
Glad to be of a little help!

Catherine and Stephen may have moved about because of their work rather than being actual travellers in the ethnic sense. People with trades such as Tinsmith moved from farm to farm during the summer months repairing buckets, equipment, fences, etc. My mother remembers travelling trademen into the 1940s in the west. They often stayed on the farm for a few nights and moved on.

The closest modern equivalent I can think of are fruit/crop pickers than move with the harvest and then move on.

Many parishes have fewer and fewer priests and help so a long delay in getting a reply is not unusual (even if annoying) Hopefully you will get a breakthrough - best of luck
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Murrell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1906 Marriage
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 October 13 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hello there just a quick follow up to my searches re Catherine Kelly & Stephen Power.
Following my contact with the church in June unfortunately No information has been forth coming.
As it is now October I shall try again and see what happens. Fingers X'd I am more successful this time. :)
One thing I did notice is that Thomas Street Wexford where Charles Power born son of above. On the census there is a Power family living there, maybe connected !!!!!!
Power Ward Rooney  Southern Ireland