Author Topic: John Sabiston born 14 Oct 1843 Orkney, Islands  (Read 16516 times)

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
  • John - James William & Peter Elmer Sabiston
    • View Profile
Re: John Sabiston born 14 Oct 1843 Orkney, Islands
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Cynthia

That should get you all set up with your companion's relatives to North Carolina. The 2 living contacts I supplied you will fill in all your missing information.

Cheers, Spanish Eyes
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

I Live In Aldergrove, BC, Canada (Outskirts Of Vancouver).

Offline cgart

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 April 09 00:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the USA contacts. Be in touch...

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 April 09 21:16 BST (UK) »
Your welcome and happy hunting.....
Sabiston - Flett - Flette - Tourangeau - McDonald - Folster - Creelman - Linklater - Sorell - Cox - Kirkness - Harper - Bruce - Inkster - Patten - Fidler - Whyte...<br /><br />Orkey Islands, Scotland - British Columbia, Canada - Alberta, Canada - Saskatchewan, Canada - Manitoba, Canada - Ontario, Canada.

Offline Stangerlad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Stanger farm in Birsay, Orkney
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 June 09 01:44 BST (UK) »
 ???
I'm looking for information on the Sabiston family of John and Margaret (nee.Creelman).  Any info would be helpful.
Davidson, Hourston, Murray, Robson, Sabiston, Stanger

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 June 09 17:54 BST (UK) »
It is all listed here.......

http://tilley.dynodns.net:8000/

Click on Orkney Old Parish Records and type in Sabiston and Creelman and it shows the whole family and more......

Offline nanaimo historian

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 July 10 22:17 BST (UK) »
Looking for anyone with access to Scotland websites to find out anything on John Sabiston born October 14, 1843.

Also looking for his siblings and parents.....

Thanks,  Spanish Eyes

Hi there, I have a John Sabiston arriving to Nanaimo,BC aboard the ship Norman Morison on March 24, 1850.  He is the brother of James and Peter, who arrived in 1851 aboard the Tory.  A woman from San Francisco came into the Nanaimo Archives last week searching for information on  Shekshany Jane Sabiston, who was a native American born 1828 in Ketchikan, AK who married John Flett Sabiston in Fort Simpson in 1858.  John Flett Sabiston died in 1902 at the age of 74, which would put his birth date as 1828.  Could this be the same person?  Who is John Sabiston born 1843 then?  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 July 10 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Nanaimo

I will post you privately and give you an email address to contact me directly. The Sabistons you have mentioned are related however distant.......my John Sabiston came over with the Hudson's Bay Company in 1862 and ended up in the Red River Settlement of Manitoba.

Spanish Eyes

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 20:04 GMT (UK) »
doubt the lister is still looking in but just in case found a reference to his ancestor and although he knows the history I imagine, it is nice to see them in publications...Guide to the province of British Columbia for 1877-8
John piloted vessels I presume and peter was a hotelkeeper...
http://www.archive.org/stream/cihm_15075#page/n175/mode/2up
http://www.archive.org/stream/cihm_15075#page/n365/mode/2up
and a  J. Sabiston at Savana's Ferry mentioned later on somewhere...

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Spanish_Eyes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks J.J.
I have most of this family line now and yes John piloted ships and Peter did have a hotel in Nanaimo. I will however check out these links......

Spanish Eyes