Author Topic: doyle family.  (Read 10239 times)

Offline skerries

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: doyle family.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 18 August 11 11:19 BST (UK) »
hope you can help trying to find if my grandmother Bridget Doyle [nee peppard] had a sister called Catherine who married a sweetman in lusk co dublin. thank you

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 18 August 11 11:20 BST (UK) »
any idea of any dates of birth or marriage for Bridget or Catherine ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 18 August 11 11:24 BST (UK) »
Your earlier post on Bridget gives an idea of dates but it's possible Catherine was born before the start of civil registration.
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,446532.msg3090202.html  Threads Merged

Bridget's marriage certificate should list father's name and occupation which might help get her brith details.

Catherine's marriage certificate should also list fathers name and occupation. See civil registration index to find details needed to order the certificate:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=1927084
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 18 August 11 12:08 BST (UK) »
The best first step is probably to locate a marriage cert for Patrick and    Bridget. The census form states that they were married 19 years, which means about 1892....

Name: Bridget Peppard
 Registration district: Dublin South
 Record type: Marriage
 Quarter and year: Oct - Dec 1892
 Volume: 2 / Page: 627

This looks like a match:

Name: Patrick Doyle
  Registration district: Dublin South
  Record type: Marriage
  quarter and year: Oct - Dec 1892
  Volume: 2 / Page: 627

Did you try this marriage cert - was it the right one ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 18 August 11 13:41 BST (UK) »
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Lusk/Lusk__a_/2241/

this looks like the same Doyle family in 1901 - still in Lusk, but more detailed place of birth shown for some of the family...

Doyle household, Great Commons, Lusk

Looks like father and eldest son born Dublin city, everyone else born County Dublin. So maybe that Dublin South City 1892 marriage could fit ?

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline Robert Hand

• RootsChat Extra
  • Christian heart in Atheist mind. If you are neutral in situations of injustice you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral the mouse will NOT appreciate you ~Desmond Tutu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 22 June 14 15:45 BST (UK) »
I'm from Lusk.  I know of two Doyle families from Lusk. I doubt if they are related to each other.
They one from Racecommons are small farmers with Eddie the father and I doubt if from Dublin.  The other, also from just outside Lusk but the opposite side, might well be from Dublin.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 22 June 14 16:47 BST (UK) »
Baptism in St Andrews 1893
Patrick Doyle son of Patrick Doyle and Brigid Peppard 4 Brunswick St, sponsor Kate Peppard.
church register not viewable so allow for mistranscription of mothers name.

Offline Oliverd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 10 July 14 22:33 BST (UK) »
I'm from Lusk.  I know of two Doyle families from Lusk. I doubt if they are related to each other.
They one from Racecommons are small farmers with Eddie the father and I doubt if from Dublin.  The other, also from just outside Lusk but the opposite side, might well be from Dublin.

In Lusk current Graveyard, Paddy Doyle is buried and he was married to a (Kate / Kitty) Rafferty, her brother Thomas was killed during 1916 Rising at Ashbourne as part of Tomas Ashe's men and also buried there, Paddys's sister was married to Dan Brophy but she sadly died young.  All were involved in 1916 Rising.

Seems to have been common for men to have married sisters po men they were fighting with........ probably not surprising really when not knowing who to trust.

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 11 July 14 10:37 BST (UK) »
hope you can help trying to find if my grandmother Bridget Doyle [nee peppard] had a sister called Catherine who married a Sweetman in lusk co dublin. thank you
There is a record in the civil marriage index for a Catherine Peppard marriage Balrothery registration District 1865 Vol 17 p 492 and a James Sweetman on the same page. However this seem to be an earlier generation than your grandmother?
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary