Author Topic: COX - The Windsor Arms, in Wendy cum Shingay  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Hogsty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COX - The Windsor Arms, in Wendy cum Shingay
« on: Thursday 31 July 14 19:17 BST (UK) »
An elderly relative is searching for a line drawing image she once saw of the "Windsor Arms" in Wendy, Cambridgeshire. Next to the church and run by the Cox family 1809 - 1851.  Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy?  I believe it closed down long before cameras were around!
Researching Woburn Sands (was Hogsty End), Wavendon, Aspley Heath and Walton.

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: COX - The Windsor Arms, in Wendy cum Shingay
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 September 14 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I can't help with the line drawing but am interested in your connection to the "Windsor Arms" as I am tracing my Wenham family and I think Mrs Cox who was the publican in 1851 was a sister of my ancestor John Wenham.
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare

Offline Hogsty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COX - The Windsor Arms, in Wendy cum Shingay
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 07:15 BST (UK) »
Hi.  We don't have a family connection to it, just that a relative lived next door when they were very young and wanted to know about it.  If you find out anything, please let us know.
Thanks.
Researching Woburn Sands (was Hogsty End), Wavendon, Aspley Heath and Walton.