Author Topic: Immigration to Canada  (Read 18866 times)

Offline Farinaman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration to Canada
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 08 March 09 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Shirles,
Thank you for getting back to me, The catherine Corfield I am interested in is the one buried at Westbury (according to family history that I know)
but also the dates and imfo you have on Catherine and Benjamin who went to Canada could also be our link as they dissappear ( or seem too).  How can we discuss this further off line.  I am working away  from home during the week but my wife will be here to pick up emails and I can be in contact by other means if required .

Neil Corfield.

Offline hpf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 July 11 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Shirles,
I also have just found this site by chance, and I was excited to read your request for information regarding my great-grandparents; Benjamin and Catherine Corfield.
In fact, have read at least one thing in the posts that I didn't know myself.
Maybe you will see this post, I found it all very interesting.
Benjamin and Catherine Corfield, Monaghan ( England, Ireland), Hughes ( Welshpool, Forden, Montgomeryshire Wales)

Offline hpf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 July 11 23:19 BST (UK) »
I really do hope that this topic isn't stale, for again, I think it's so amazing that today of all days, I should find so much information about the Corfield family of Niagara, from which I am descended.
Benjamin and Catherine Corfield, Monaghan ( England, Ireland), Hughes ( Welshpool, Forden, Montgomeryshire Wales)

Offline hpf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 July 11 23:20 BST (UK) »
P.S.
Hope to hear from Shirles, or anyone else that is interested in this family, soon :)

Offline hpf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 July 11 23:23 BST (UK) »
Just for interest sake, the woman who's photograph is my avatar, is the 2 year old mentioned that was quite rightly assumed not to be the daughter of the then 58 year old Catherine, who was travelling to Canada with her.

Offline bwlchlan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 17 August 11 19:26 BST (UK) »
Hello listers

I have read the notes of Passenger lists to Canada but I don't seem to be able to get any further than Ancestry.

I don't know how difficult this request is but all I know is that Benjamin and Catherine Corfield emmigrated to Canada sometime between 1901 - 1922. They are both died back in England. 

I would be grateful for any help or advice.

Best wishes
Shirles
I really do hope that this topic isn't stale, for again, I think it's so amazing that today of all days, I should find so much information about the Corfield family of Niagara, from which I am descended.
Prior, Hartley, Corfield, Broadhurst,Woolridge

Offline bwlchlan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 17 August 11 19:27 BST (UK) »
P.S.
Hope to hear from Shirles, or anyone else that is interested in this family, soon :)

Offline bwlchlan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 17 August 11 19:36 BST (UK) »
I too am interested in the family of Benjamin Corfield and Catherine Hughes who emigrated to Niagara Falls Ontario. They are my great grandparents. My grandfather was their son John Corfield born 1879 Ogley Hay Staffordshire.He married Florence Broadhurst in 1911 and they lived at Muckley Corner Staffordshire. They had 7 children Kitty, Margery,Evelyn, John, Jean, Benjamin and Ruth. They too emigrated to Niagara Falls, Ontario.Their daughter Evelyn Emily was my mother-born June 9, 1916, Muckley Corner, Lichfield, Staffordshire.Died November 1, 1994, Niagara Falls, Ontario. Looking for more information. Thank You

Offline Shirles

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 17 August 11 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hello there

How wonderful to hear from a descendant of John Corfield.  I descend from the brother of Benjamin, namely James Robert Corfield.  I will be pleased to exchange information with you.  Since communicating with hpf on this list I have found that Benjamin and Catherine Corfield nee Hughes died in Canada.
I look forward to hearing from you again via my email address which I will private message you with.

Best wishes
Shirley
My research interests are as follows:
TROW, Jane Elizabeth,(nee Evans) died 1864 in Dorrington, Condover
TROW Jane, Kerry, Montgomeryshire abt 1777 GARDINER Edward, Shropshire, abt 1764
TUDOR Martha, Kerry, Montg abt 1762
JONES Richard, Llangedwin, Debighshire 1794
UNKNOWN Anne, Shrewsbury? Shropshire abt 1794
STALEY James, Lydbury North, Shrops abt 1772
CORNS Margaret, Lydbury North, Shrops 1769
MILLS Joseph, Golon, Llanbister, Radnorshire
CORFIELD John, St Chads, Shrews 1773