Author Topic: Deansgrange cemetery dublin  (Read 3759 times)

Offline jackie ogorman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Deansgrange cemetery dublin
« on: Friday 25 April 08 15:32 BST (UK) »
can anyone help me that is visiting Deansgrange cemetery dublin in the near future james plunkett (the irish author)ashes were put into the family grave in deansgrange cemetery along with his wife valerie(nee koblitz) there is a small plaque stating this on the grave but above is a large grey stone cross,can anyone please tell me what the writting on the cross above the plaque says.thank you for any help given to me.jackie o'gorman

Offline annieoburns

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Deansgrange cemetery dublin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 May 08 18:55 BST (UK) »
Could you give relevant dates? it would help in locating this grave.
Anne
Wiffen, Utton, Clark, Spires,  Frisby, Raybould, Charlton, Green, (England)
Flood,  Daly, Doran, Mc Kercher, Gardiner, (Ireland/England)
Reid, Burns  (Ireland)
McGourty, Daly (Ireland/America)

Offline jackie ogorman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 11:35 BST (UK) »
at the bottom of the stone cross is written 14 dec 1978 age 85(cannot see the name)on the stone plaque, at the bottom of the cross it says james plunkett author died 28 may 2003 age 83 and valerie nee koblitz died 25 july 1986 age 64 beloved wife of james and treasured mother hope this helps to find it.thank you for your help

Offline annieoburns

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 June 08 15:42 BST (UK) »
Jackie, just wondering did you get my PM of last week ? I cant find a record of it so wonder if it got lost in the system?  Please let me know and I will send again,
Anne
Wiffen, Utton, Clark, Spires,  Frisby, Raybould, Charlton, Green, (England)
Flood,  Daly, Doran, Mc Kercher, Gardiner, (Ireland/England)
Reid, Burns  (Ireland)
McGourty, Daly (Ireland/America)

Offline Peter Maguire

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 August 14 14:25 BST (UK) »
at the bottom of the stone cross is written 14 dec 1978 age 85(cannot see the name)on the stone plaque, at the bottom of the cross it says james plunkett author died 28 may 2003 age 83 and valerie nee koblitz died 25 july 1986 age 64 beloved wife of james and treasured mother hope this helps to find it.thank you for your help

Hello, I'm not sure if you're still looking for this info. I was doing a little research of my own, since my grandmother is Patricia Kelly who was James Kelly's first cousin. He was my first cousin twice removed. I believe this is one of his uncles since if you check the census, Patrick Kelly was 8 yrs of age in 1901. Going from the date this person passed on 14 dec 1978 age 85, it would make sense that it was him.