Author Topic: Bunn/Meredyth/Dollard (Dublin & Wicklow)  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Mattz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bunn/Meredyth/Dollard (Dublin & Wicklow)
« on: Saturday 06 September 14 03:18 BST (UK) »
Looking to make connections, find information on the family of Jane Catherine Bunn, possibly born Wicklow, Co. (from Irelandie.), born approx. 1795, died 10 Apr 1878, Upper Rathmines, Dublin, 1st marriage to an unknown Meredyth, second marriage to a Richard Dollard. She had at least one daughter Elizabeth Meredyth (a spinster in 1878)known from Wills & Administrations. Jane Catherine Bunn known to have had siblings who went to New York, and Australia. Any information greatly appreciated.
cheers Mattz.

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bunn/Meredyth/Dollard (Dublin & Wicklow)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 September 14 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

There were a lot of Bunns in Delgany, Co Wicklow and a possible match with
Jane Catherine Bunn - 24 May 1795 - daughter of John and Margaret Bunn of Kindlestown.  You can search the parish registers below for siblings:-

http://ireland.anglican.org/cmsfiles/pdf/AboutUs/library/AngRecord/Delgany/Delgany-Vol-2.pdf

Happy hunting

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 September 14 09:42 BST (UK) »
St Peter's Church, Dublin, has the marriage on 8 January 1828 of James Bunn of Kindlestown, Delgany, Co Wicklow.  This marriage can be seen on www.irishgenealogy.ie

Cheers

Offline grantleydawn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My collateral ancestors
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 February 16 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mattz,

I would love to make contact. I have compiled the ancestry of Jane Catherine BUNN and I would like to compare our research results.

Did a Rebecca BUNN appear in your research?

Regards
Grantley

PS; I have sent you a personal message.

Offline desk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 March 16 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I have done a lot of research lately and found meredyth also meredith marcella meredith married Michael Adams Marcella's mother was Mary Anne Meredyth her father Richard Meredyth and her mother Anne Meredyth I think 1st cousins married.

Offline desk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 March 16 09:16 GMT (UK) »
I am doing research on Micheal Adams aged 57 on Dublin 1901 census. He was married to Marcellia Meredith, sometimes Meredyth. I can go back some time on Meredyth but stuck on Michael Adams ie bap cert gave birthplace as Co. Dublin.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 March 16 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Marriage of Michael ADAMS in 1874 gives his father as James ADAMS a Millwright – LINK

This is a very long shot but anyway

William ADAMS m Mary KERNAN Jan 08 1860 – LINK
Willam’s parents are given as James ADAMS and Cath EVANS of Clondalkin

In 1895 a James ADAMS, s/o William and Catherine, marries from 7 N Tyrone Street – LINK
In 1899 James ADAMS, s/o Michael and Marcella, married from 7 Upr Tyrone Street – LINK
In 1901 Michael and his family were living at 7.3 Upr Tyrone Street – LINK
and in 1911 at 7.4 Upr Tyrone Street – LINK

A James ADAMS married a Cathrine EVANS in St. Paul’s Arran Quay on Aug 17 1835
witnesses John REYNOLDS and Catherine WALSH; no parents listed for bride and groom

I cannot see births to this marriage either in St. Paul’s or Clondalkin but it still may be a lead to note

editted to add - there is a baptism in Clondalkin of Margaret Jul 10 1836 to a couple of these names
Mother's surname is transcribed twice once as EVANS and once as EGAN
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline hil474

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 20 November 22 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Jane Catherine Bunn is my 3 x GG.

I have looked through the Delgany Parish records and found her baptism record  on the 24th May 1795.  Her parents are shown as John and Margaret of Kindlestown.

Looking through the same records there are about 5 other siblings for Jane.

I am trying to increase my knowledge of the Bunn family of Kindlestown so would appreciate any further information any one can give me.

I am new to Rootschat so not sure how the messaging part works.

Hilary

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 21 November 22 09:52 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, Hilary  :)

I am trying to increase my knowledge of the Bunn family of Kindlestown so would appreciate any further information any one can give me.

I am new to Rootschat so not sure how the messaging part works.

If you make at least one more post, you can use the PM (Personal Message) system to contact any other RootsChatter.

When logged in, just click on My Messages (in the dark brown bar at the top) and then click ‘Send a Message’. Type in the name of the recipient, then click on the light blue link just below.

Type a Subject, compose your message (including any data and/or e-mail address), preview if necessary and then click ‘Send Message’.

Alternatively you can click on the clipboard looking icon under their avatar - if it glows green they are online.

Just for information, here's Kindlestown Lower (and Upper), both townlands in the western part of Greystones.
https://www.townlands.ie/wicklow/rathdown/delgany/delgany/kindlestown-lower/
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4213478#map=12/53.1772/-6.1135

Good luck!

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo