Author Topic: bushey during the great war  (Read 2433 times)

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
bushey during the great war
« on: Saturday 08 February 14 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

Here is a date for your diary.

Bushey during the Great War, A village Remembers.

The exhibition is going to be at the Bushey Academy in Bushey High Street.
Dates 4th August to 24th August.
Please visit our web site to get up to date information about the exhibition and the itinery as well as being able to contribute any family history stories that can be included in the archive section.

www.busheyworldwarone.org.uk.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all at some point within the three weeks.

Jackie. (on behalf of Bushey Museum )

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: bushey during the great war
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 July 14 22:05 BST (UK) »
hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder to let you know that it wont be long now before the opening of the exhibition at Bushey Academy to comemorate the start of the first world war. Please visit the web site www.busheyduringthegreatwar.com to see the up to date itinerary for the three weeks of the exhibition. We look forward to seeing you there.

Jackie.

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

The exhibition at the Academy is finally underway, everyone so far has thoroughly enjoyed it. Please come along and find out if you had ww1 ancestors that served in the Great War and came from Bushey or Oxhey. There is also a film being shown daily that covers the county on the home front. Only today I met a lady that was looking at the autobiographies that have been researched for each person on the war memorials and the page she was looking at had been written by myself and it turned out we are related. I now have a new friend as well as a new relative. Please take time to come and visit and support a well worthy charity, the Peace Hospice.

Regards,

Jackie.

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 August 14 21:46 BST (UK) »
 :D

Hi Everyone,

So far 1000 people have been to visit the exhibition at Bushey academy. I even met a couple that turned out to be related to me. If you havent done so far, please come along, there are bibilographies for all the men whose names are on the war memorials for Bushey and Oxhey. There is also an excellent video called Home Front in the County that is very interesting. There is poetry reading tomorrow of ww1 poems.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Regards.

jackie.