Author Topic: William Walker sampson  (Read 6325 times)

Offline wolfeeboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Walker sampson
« on: Friday 22 March 13 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm researching William Walker Sampson, he was a friend of Sir Harry Preston, and quite probably knew Oliver Dalton too. William died at 122 Kings road, Brighton in 1929, of a heart attack. He was an art dealer based in 13 Air street, Piccadilly, London. I have a write up on my website with most of the info I have so far, here's the link:- http://wolf-e-boy.com/My-Ramus-Family-tree

If anyone knows anything of these characters, I'd love to hear it, especially if they know anything regarding my Great Grand Father, Henry Ramus, he was Sampsons business partner before he died from an abscess infection in 1911, their business was called, 'The British Galleries', they were Fine Art Dealers. Sampson enrolled Henrys sons at Brighton college after their dads death. I feel certain their is a connection between all of them, which I hope I am slowly unravelling. Brighton certainly had an intriguing history around the turn of the nineteenth to twentieth century.

A photo is the Holy Grail I'd give my eye teeth for, preferably of Sampson and Henry, even better if with Henrys wife, May. I look forward to any potential evidence of their lives that might be out there,

Andy R

Offline gaharrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Walker sampson
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 September 13 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm William Sampson's GG Grandaughter.  I have one substantial picture of someone I believe to be him and will have a look in my late Mother's effects for any others.   I am not sure if we have any which include your great great grandfather.
Let me know if you want me to search my papers.

regards
Gillian Harrison

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 October 13 06:50 BST (UK) »
Hi.  A year back I did a brief investigation into the life of Oliver Dalton.  Unfortunately, none of the people you mention (Preston, Ramus or Sam[p]son) were significant enough to appear in my final draft.  Roy G

Offline wolfeeboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 January 14 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Gillian,
please, please, do search! Could you contact me? My e mail is  (*)I have a great deal to tell you.

Andy

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline wolfeeboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 January 14 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gillian,
great to hear from you, sorry if I'm bombarding you with replies, but I've been waiting a long time to make a connection to a descendant of William, and the chance to share what I have researched. I'm only sorry I didn't get your reply sooner, I just stumbled upon it today!

As with the other messages, I'll give you my e mail address and hope to hear from you, (*)
I look forward to hearing from you,
with kind regards,
Andy Ramus

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline wolfeeboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 March 14 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gillian,
I can have no idea whether you are getting these messages, but I'll just have to hope that you may get one and reply sooner or later. I seem to be stopped from sending you a personal message, and am prohibited from putting up my e mail address here. I sincerely hope you haven't had a change of mind regarding contacting me, for I believe you may be my last hope of a picture of William, and possibly even of my Great Grand Father, Henry.

Here is a link to some of what I have unearthed so far:-
http://wolfeeboy.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/the-ring-master-john-william-godward/
Hope you enjoy the attachments,
with kind regards,
Andy Ramus

Offline gaharrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 21:31 BST (UK) »
Sorry for not responding sooner.  Are you Andy Ramus of AR Design in which case you will hopefully have an email from me via that company.   Wait to hear from you.
Regards
Gillian

Offline wolfeeboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 06:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Gillian,
great to hear from you, I'm not AR design I'm afraid, and this site doesn't allow me to post my e mail address, although if you go to my web site here:- http://wolf-e-boy.com/My-Ramus-Family-tree
you will find my e mail address on the first line, the family story might also interest you as it involves William too. I live in Shoreham by sea in West Sussex, so not too far away, if I can trace your number I'll give you a call, if not I'll have to wait to hear by e mail. Thank you for getting in contact,
with kind regards,
Andy

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 08:15 BST (UK) »
Now that Gillian has two posts you should be able to send a personal message.