Author Topic: George Woods from Cavan but whereabouts?  (Read 12383 times)

Offline SusanW59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Woods from Cavan but whereabouts?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 31 October 13 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mariaserena,

Do you know who George was living with when he died in Staffordshire?

Regards Susan

Offline Woodsd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 03 November 13 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Susan

While our families are not known to be linked, you will see my post above that mentions my George Woods (a contemporary of yours) who had a Susanna Phillips as a witness at his wedding.  Maybe just a coincidence.

I recently had my DNA tested and the results of my Woods y-chromosome are: M258+M423+S185+ or I2a1b2 (per ISOGG classifications) or I2a2b (per FTDNA classifications).  My group is also known as I-L161 or I2a-Isles-D2.  (So many ways to say the same thing!)

If by any chance your brother ever gets a DNA test, I would be very interested should his DNA results indicate any family connection with my Woods family.

Regards

David

Offline SileBod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 05 June 21 15:46 BST (UK) »
I am new to this so please accept my apology in advance if I have written anything in the wrong format.  My connected relative is Robert Woods from Pottle who married Susan Boyle Galbolie in 1864.  Thanks to a previous entry I think I can confirm I have both their death certificates.  I had a death certificate for a Robert Woods in 1917. He was listed as a coachman, which was his last known occupation and I knew from the family he was a “horse trader” but as the family was from Cavan and then Louth and Co Down/ Belfast I was not sure of the link to the address on the death certificate, Ballinalieve, Moynalty, Meath.  However the entry pointed me to Roberts sister Mary who married Hugh McBirney in 1863.  Mary died in 1903 and her son who lived in Ballinalieve, Moynalty, Meath caused her to be moved there for burial, from Kingscout, Bailieborogh, Co Cavan.  It appears to be just over the county line.   The 1901 census shows not just her son Hugh McBirney living there but Margaret and Anne Woods, his two single aunts, aged  Anne 57 and Margaret 60  in 1901. 
So thanks this was really helpful.
It therefore appears that Charles and Elizabeth Woods may have had not only Robert, George, James and Mary but also Margaret and Anne.