Author Topic: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana  (Read 69346 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 22 August 10 21:50 BST (UK) »
Minor was someone under 21 but not sure legal age with parental consent was in 1860s.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 October 10 17:54 BST (UK) »
I was looking at the Griffiths Valuation and noticed a John Mcloughlin from Fallask.
I then looked  at the LDS site and came across a marriage for a John Mcloughlin  4/5/1867 father Michael who married Elizabeth Doherty Father Patrick.
I am wondering is there any connection on either records to my Mcloughlins
                                                                                                   Little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline willandbrid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 21 October 10 00:39 BST (UK) »
re annie mc laughlin hello have some information on the stralls cleenagh ballymagan p.o buncrana the information i have would be more recent roseanne stalls lived in the family home up until 9 or 10 years ago when she died she had a brother tommy stralls and a sister sarah who married a man called doherty from the bighill meenamullaghan buncrana sarah son tom joe now lives at cleenagh on the family holding just saw your message tonight should be able to find out more for you if you can give me what you still require liam

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 21 October 10 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Liam
Thank you for your help. A lot of the info i have and the family is limited i have a photo who i think  is Patrick Doherty when he was young he was my moms cousin ,are you related at all at last i can now nail the name the Stralls Mclaughlin.( added)
I knew about Roseanne but don't remember meeting her I think my brother & sister did, i have a photo of Granny & my mother outside the home must be late sixties or 1970 granny died 1971
             Little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline willandbrid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 21 October 10 21:15 BST (UK) »
re annie mc laughlin

i be related to the dohertys of meenamullaghan [bighill] that sarah stralls married though though that connection would very far back in time the patrick doherty you speak of in the photo what age would you put him at now presently sarah son patrick doherty my good friend died last easter monday he was aged 63 years when he died if its further back than that he had an uncle patrick doherty before my time but i can find out more on these matters no problem at all i can ask patricks brother tom and some older members of the community i remember my mother telling me that she used to stay with the dohertys when she was a little girl that would have been around 1916 approximately she was in the house one night when the priest came to tell the dohertys than one of their family had been knocked down and killed by an army lorry i would think that would have been an uncle of sarahs husband but i will clarify that as well i believe sarah faters was called big tommy stralls their house is still there yet like i said last night roseanne stralls lived there until her death in recent years i will keep you informed as i get more info and clarity i wil also look at the birth deaths and marriages liam

Offline willandbrid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 21 October 10 21:26 BST (UK) »
re annie doherty
could you give me any details you have on your connection to the stralls and who they married im new to this roots chat so maybe you can fill me in from the start as i havent used this particular sire before liam

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 21 October 10 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Liam
I take the storey as this Sarah Doherty was my mothers cousin, Patrick her son i think that is in  the photo i have, the storey i got from my late mother is he went of to Dublin at some point any truth in that.
Out of Eight of Annie 's McLaughlin's children Sarah's cousins there are only three left Bridget Phil & Paddy, John Harkin died two month's ago in Derry.
I will try and give you all i know through the PM with out going through this all the time. its is a good site with lots of people always willing to help .
I will PM you tomorrow. Little Annie

Offline acm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 06 November 10 20:28 GMT (UK) »
JAMES MCLAUGHLIN (FARMER) John
SARAH MCLAUGHLIN (GG)   Maiden Name is McLaughlin

pretty sure these are my great grandparents  my grandfather along with his brothers came to canada in early 1900's

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 06 November 10 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello acm
Who was your Grandfather & Brothers