Author Topic: Pardoes in Comhampton, Ombersley  (Read 4319 times)

Offline bouchm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Pardoes in Comhampton, Ombersley
« on: Thursday 08 January 09 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am related to a James Pardoe who resided at Comhampton nr Ombersley until his death around 1864.  From census information I understand the family were farmers

If anyone has any information about this family, I'd be very interested to hear from you.

Many thanks
Martin

Offline sharonP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pardoes in Comhampton, Ombersley
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 January 09 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am also related to Pardoes from the Ombersley area... However I don't think mine they are from the Comhampton side. I must admit, although knowing the area pretty well I hadn't come across Comhampton before.!
My Pardoes seem to have moved and settled in Martin Hussingtree/Salwarpe/Claines.
The family also have a habit of using the same christian names too, throughout the generations, and unfortunately James wasn't popular with my lot!
Good luck in your search, Pardoe appears to have been a really common surname in and around the Ombersley area, but I have come to an abrupt halt with my research prior to my gt gt gt Grandparents!
Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Sharon
Pardoe, Stiles/Styles,  Harris,  Drinkwater,  Eagles,  Rolinson, Rollinson,  Fortnam , Athrelpho, Perkins,  Bridges - Woodward - Worcestershire.
Staunton, Woodyatt  - Herefordshire
Bell, Cty Durham

Offline bouchm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 January 09 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.  I will try and piece together some more information.  It seem to be one family at a farm in Comhamton rather than many Pardoe families around that area but I'll need to dig deeper.

thanks again
Martin

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 January 09 18:21 GMT (UK) »
i have a mary pardoe in my tree born 1835 worcs married james clarke   david

Offline Williamsg

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 March 09 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hiya,

I am new to all this, i am just starting to look into my family tree.My family and i have lived in Comhampton for many years now. And the pardoes down the line married into our family.My grandfather and greatgrandfather were farmers. i have got all my research at my parents i will look into it more and let you know names. But it sounds like this may be the same pardoe. Sorry im vague but i am new to all this.

Gem Williams

Offline bouchm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Dear Gem,

I'm only 5 years late replying to this!  Hope your research is going well.  Too many dead-ends stopped me doing an awful lot of family history for quite a while.  I have a possible 'link' to the farmer James Pardoe who died in about 1863/64 in Comhampton but have not researched that famliy very much so far.  Would be interested to hear your link to this family.

thanks
Martin

Offline Eastbury

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If you go to the National Archives website do an advanced search on all words  - James Pardoe Ombersley – there is the following reference to about 100 documents at Worcester Record Office

Ref 705:550/BA4600/1029/ii  1818-1892

I had a quick look at the records in 2009, it could have been for someone on Rootschat. This is what I was able to work out:-

A James Pardoe farmer of Comhampton was married to Elizabeth. He died in June 1826 probate 1827 and had the following children :-
Edward a bachelor who died in 1840, James who died 2 May 1863 (Probate 1864), William who died in 1860 and Charles who outlived them all and lived at Coney Green, Ribbesford.
James and Elizabeth’s daughters were Letitia and  Anna Maria Pardoe, Emma the wife of John Bly and Margaret Palmer Knight nee Pardoe, who had died by the time her mother Elizabeth had made her will in 1862.

It seems that Elizabeth, Edward, James, William all lived on the farm(s) at Comhampton  named in the elder James will as Phors (?) aka Poors Farm and Crumps Farm.

Hope this gives you some leads.

Jack

Offline bouchm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 March 14 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jack,

Thanks for that info.  Apologies for delay in getting back to you.  Basically my great great grandfather Thomas James Boucher was actually born Thomas James Pardoe. At the time  of the birth(1859) the mother Louisa Winkless was living in Comhampton as stated on the birth certificate - there is no record of a marriage to her and James Pardoe but she put the father as James Pardoe (and herself as married) so the one living there seemed an obvious candidate....however to complicate things her mothers maiden name was Pardoe and I've not been able to find any link between the mothers family and the Comhampton one. Louisa married James Boucher in 1964 the year after James Pardoe's death.  James Pardoe's will did not mention a wife or child.  all very confusing!

thanks
Martin