Author Topic: Archibald Leach aka Cary Grant  (Read 21764 times)

Offline Well, well.....

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald Leach aka Cary Grant
« Reply #18 on: Monday 11 April 11 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have a document that you might be interested in with regards to Carry Grant.  I believe his mothers name is Kathleen M. Leach wife of Frederick Leach.  If this rings a bell write me back and I will further try to help you.  I never heard the names George.  But my dad was 14 when he and his mom went to California to visit him.  Looking for that picture.  It seems  Carry Grant is my great grandfathers daughters child.  I have his last Will and Testament.  Doesn't really mention Carry Grant--maybe wasn't born yet!?? Don't know.

Offline achash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 August 13 17:28 BST (UK) »
 I am trying to contact debbi2k i was talking to my dad and i found out that Cary Grant was related to my dads grandpa, they were 1st cousins. I was wondering what the name of the website that you had mentioned.  :)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 09 August 13 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi achash and welcome to RootsChat

Debbi2K hasn't been on RootsChat since September 2011.
If you reply to this, and then put another post on, you will be able to use the PM (private message) system to contact her directly (as long as her email is still the same of course)

Good luck.

Lucky you being related to Archibald Leach aka Cary Grant.  In my younger days I used to swoon over him  ::)   ::)   ::)   ::)

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline achash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 15 August 13 02:56 BST (UK) »
ok thank you for letting me know I am so grateful  :) When I was younger and watched his movies I thought he was so good looking then my dad told  :-[ that we were related.

Offline jlffisher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 April 14 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hello guys,
Im jess1006 under a new account.
Jo, I will try and get hold of this family tree, I've never seen it, just had names passed on to me by my uncle.
Anyone have any Gray links??? or Montague?

Jess x

Moderator Comment: We've changed your post as 'jess1066' to be under your new username now.

Offline polarglock

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 26 June 14 19:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Joanne,

Did you have any luck on this? My grandmother is somehow related. I haven't researched it much. My grandmother's name was Martha Leach and she had a twin sister Mary. I don't recall the exact story but I think they were cousins or something. They would have been about the same age. I believe she was also from the Fairfield area, or at least we used to go to reunions down there.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline Jennie Morgan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 23 August 15 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hi, if you think that you might be able to help in my quest to find a connection between my Leach family and that of the actor Cary Grant, then please refer to my request for a census lookup over on the census lookups board as a starting point.  I am trying to find more info about Cary's father Elias his brothers and sisters and their ascendants.  The Story goes that my 2g-grandfather and Cary's father were brothers or cousins?!  I don't see the connection myself yet - but never say never!

Thanks
Joanne  ;D
Hi Joanne,

Did you have any luck on this? My grandmother is somehow related. I haven't researched it much. My grandmother's name was Martha Leach and she had a twin sister Mary. I don't recall the exact story but I think they were cousins or something. They would have been about the same age. I believe she was also from the Fairfield area, or at least we used to go to reunions down there.

Thanks,
Mike