Author Topic: Wendy *** born 1940 and now living in the Gloucester area.  (Read 1616 times)

Offline ziksby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bye and bye our little clocks will cease to tick
    • View Profile
Wendy *** born 1940 and now living in the Gloucester area.
« on: Monday 28 July 14 17:38 BST (UK) »
I normally post on the Worcester forums, but I have just found a Gloucester link that might fill some gaps in my family history. 
Last week a couple in their 70s were returning from London to Gloucester on a Megabus coach, and got into conversation with a person who posts on a Facebook page that I follow. The message enquired about a property in Malvern Link called London House, where a family called Jones owned a shoe shop. My Jones ancestors were boot and shoe makers for many decades and owned the London House property. A Facebook conversation ensued, and it appears that this chance meeting on a Megabus coach was what prompted the query. This journey took place as far as I know on Sunday 20th July.   The lady said she had grown up in London House, and I now believe she is in fact my 'lost' cousin Wendy (*) age 74 (born in Malvern 1940 , but not certain of her married name). The person she spoke to has no other information, but it would make my day if anyone in the Gloucester area knows this person and could put me in touch with her. I can be contacted by email: (*)

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living.

E-mail address and telephone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Alfrick. Worcestershire - Jones<br />Bidford on Avon, Warwickshire - Pettifor, Bennett<br />West Felton, Oswestry - Mansell