Author Topic: Francis McKay  (Read 5711 times)

Offline Scratch And Patch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Francis McKay
« on: Saturday 25 May 13 15:07 BST (UK) »
   I have posted this in various places on this site, but... this is all NEW INFORMATION!!!!

Francis born 11 Oct 1757 Thurso, Caithness, Scotland, as I believe was married once in Scotland. The only child with dates that I have is Daniel McKay b. Caithness ( Thurso ? ) 1798. The other children are 1. Catherine, 2. Elizabeth, 3. Francis ( M ), 4. Margaret, 5. Mary, 6. Peter, 7. Daniel 1798. I am interested in finding a mother for these children. The best lead is Daniel 1798. If this Francis' is who I am searching I have 2 brothers, William b. 6 Jun 1762 &, George b. 4 Jul 1765, both of Thurso, Caithness 

As a possible grandfather for Francis' is Patrick Mc Kay who lived Watten, Caithness, as a possible father & mother are Donald Mc Kay b. 07 Apr 1732 Watten, Caithness & Elspet Sinclair.
As a possible Uncle I have, John Mc Kay Chritened 03 Feb 1727 Watten, Caithness.

If this Francis' is who I am searching, he died Welland, On., Canada 1813. Daniel 1798 died Welland, On., Canada 1859

If all or any information on this post, could be confirmed, I would jump for joy!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for taking time 0n this POST!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff   

Offline Robbie200

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis McKay
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 February 15 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Re: Francis
Francis McKay is a great(many times) grandfather. He was with the 42nd Foot (Highland Reg.) and served during the Am. Rev. He was mustered out in Nova Scotia, at the end of the conflict and was given a grant in N.S. in 1784. He later (with wife and one child) (per land petition) moved to Upper Canada, Humberstone Twp. Welland Co. Probate papers name his wife as Christina, children as John,Daniel,Peter, Mary, Anney, Philip, Elizabeth, Margaret, Caty and William. Christine would likely be a second wife, as she was born between 1784 and 1787, and first child would have to be born before 1796 when he first applied for Crown Land in Ontario. Therefore, his children would have to have been born in Canada, one family history claims oldest son John born in 1795, and a second claims there was a first son, Francis who died as infant, and John was born in 1797. Hope this helps, there is a good of info on the family, just no confirmed birthdates.
Regards,
KB