Author Topic: Benjamin Howells of Steynton  (Read 2458 times)

Offline bolttail

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Benjamin Howells of Steynton
« on: Sunday 17 August 14 10:43 BST (UK) »
Has anyone any knowledge of the death/burial of the following individual. Benjamin Howells born Steynton, Pembrokeshire, in 1828; married Elizabeth Evans in 1849; lived in Aberdare and Treorchy, Glamorgan. He appears to be in the 1901 census living as a lodger at the Globe Inn, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire. Does not appear to be in the 1911 census.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Howells of Steynton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 August 14 14:04 BST (UK) »
As he is living in the Haverfordwest Reg District in the 1901 Census as a Lodger;

Death Reg;
Benjamin HOWELLS, March 1907, Haverfordwest, 11a862, age 81 (birth c 1826)
(FreeBMD)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline bolttail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 August 14 14:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying Trish. I'm certain that I looked at this death some time ago. I think that the burial was at Puncheston and that the 1901 census shows a Benjamin Howells (born about 1825) residing in Puncheston when my man was sipping beer at the Globe Inn, Fishguard.

If anyone thinks I've got this wrong, please let me know.

Offline jere

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 August 14 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi. We have this benjamin howells in our family tree he is related to my husbands family jere ;)
jeremiah monmouth,jones,roberts  llanddwywe-is-y-graig,jones llanaber,williams llanidloes,tucker wiltshire,jones merioneth, jones machen, hughes tredegar, herbert montana u.s.a.

Offline bolttail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 August 14 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi 'Jere', Yes, I know. We write to each other often and neither of us knows when or where Benjamin  died or was buried. Of course, he may have been in Fishguard for just a few days visiting old friends or relations.Logically you'd have to think he was buried with his parents in Steynton, or with his wife in Treorchy. I was hoping that someone out there might know the answer.

Offline bolttail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 August 15 20:25 BST (UK) »
I am answering my own question but the information might be useful to someone.

Benjamin Howells of 13 Herbert Street, Treorchy, died on the 10th June 1909. Probate to Margaret Miles wife of John Miles.