Author Topic: Scottish Creightons (Crightons) in Monaghan?  (Read 8089 times)

Offline badrenn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish Creightons (Crightons) in Monaghan?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 December 13 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again to all of you! :-*  I think I'll go with contacting the Reverend and see what I can do from there.  Then, of course, I'll have to sit here in the US and wait for a return post.   :(

Oh, I'm so happy to have a lead for this!!!   ;D

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish Creightons (Crightons) in Monaghan?
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 December 13 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again to all of you! :-*  I think I'll go with contacting the Reverend and see what I can do from there.  Then, of course, I'll have to sit here in the US and wait for a return post.   :(

Oh, I'm so happy to have a lead for this!!!   ;D

No problem. Don't forget to include your email address in your letter! Often it is the preferred way for then to reply as they don't have to write letter, get postage stamps etc so speedier for them (and you)
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline badrenn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish Creightons (Crightons) in Monaghan **Completed!!**
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 March 14 01:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all of you I now have the birthdate, baptism date and place of birth for my 2nd gr-grandmother and all of her 7 siblings!!!  I ended up going through PRONI as trying to send money from the US was just too difficult.  It was much easier (and cheaper) to work with PRONI and give them a credit card number. 

This information just makes me want to come over and visit that much more.  One day I will.

Thanks again!!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish Creightons (Crightons) in Monaghan **Completed!!**
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 March 14 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all of you I now have the birthdate, baptism date and place of birth for my 2nd gr-grandmother and all of her 7 siblings!!!  I ended up going through PRONI as trying to send money from the US was just too difficult.  It was much easier (and cheaper) to work with PRONI and give them a credit card number. 

This information just makes me want to come over and visit that much more.  One day I will.

Thanks again!!

Good to know you are sorted and that PRONI found the 8 children, they did a good search!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.