Author Topic: Beard Families  (Read 54761 times)

Offline erikthebad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beard Families
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Joanna1979,
I was very interested to read your mail to Alf concerning your links to Childswickham.
I have traced my line back to the early 1800 in Studley, Warwickshire and also another Beard line in a neighbouring village, Ipsley.
 I have failed to make the link between the two families yet, but firmly believe that there is one.
However I have found a direct connection from the Ipsley Beards to Childswickham via John Beard 1781 born Wickham Gloucestershire.
Are you related and if so do you have any info you might wish to share?
You are welcome to anything I have.
Was Alf helpful to you? I will try to contact him to if you think it worthwhile.
Kind Regards
Keith Beard

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 11 December 09 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Keith

Welcome to Rootschat!

Its worth speaking to Alf he might be able to help (you cant send a PM until after you have made 3 posts)

If we ever manage to sort all the Beard families in Gloucestershire out maybe we can all see how we are related  :)

The earliest one I can confirm in my direct line is John Beard b 1776 probably son of Samuel and Ann of Framilode

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline erikthebad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 11 December 09 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Willow,
Thanks for putting me straight.
As you can see I am green here.
Your tree is very impressive.
I have about 240 names originating from my Beard line in Warwickshire which I think moved from Gloucestershire around 1800. Sadly though I have not found one living Beard relative outside immediate family.
Thanks again for your help.
Kind regards
Keith

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 11 December 09 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Keith

I know the feeling I havent found any Beard relatives either  :'( my line went from Newland, Gloucs to Cookley, Worcs then to Wolverhampton, Staffs

Willow x

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline danbeard81

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Gibert Beard from soudley is my gramp. I'm happy to ask him any questions you may have.

Regards
Dan

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Dan

Welcome to Rootschat!

Please ask your Grandpa lots of questions about his family! a living memory of any Beard relatives is more than welcome as Keith said we are in short supply

One day we may all see how the Beard name is connected but welcome to a distant (however far) cousin

Willow x

Offline Jme79

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 31 January 10 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith

Sorry, I have only just seen this. 

My Beards in Childs Wickham start with William Beard born 1766.  The family line ended up in Birmingham and then Coventry and then that's the end of the road for the my (well my husbands) Beards on our line.  The last remaining male Beard on our branch died in 1965.

Joanna

Offline erikthebad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joanna,
Thanks for your reply.
If in any of your research on the Beards from Wickham  you come across a John Beard c1781, then I can help with the continuation of that line. I cant promise to link him to living Beard relatives, however, I am working on it!
Regards,
Keith

Offline ClaireG77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 14 February 10 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Willow - Cookley isn't far from me in Kidderminster and I know at least 2 Beard family's there - one running an electrical company in Stourport.  Not sure if it's relevant but don't give up on the living Beard's!
CLIFFORD/HICKEY - Co. KERRY
HICKEY - Co. KERRY/??
WILLIAMS/MORGAN - PEMBROKESHIRE
ANDERSON-DEVON/PEMBROKESHIRE
HELLYER-DEVON
GOODWIN/RUEL-RADNORSHIRE
TUTCHER-SOMERSET/BRISTOL/PEMBROKESHIRE