Author Topic: 9 houses Shotton  (Read 10692 times)

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
9 houses Shotton
« on: Sunday 31 August 08 16:37 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone I wonder if any one can help me with this I would dearly love to know who lived in these 9 houses in Shotton during the 40s/50s  I feel sure one of my relatives lived there I remember going there to see an Uncle Pat auntie Anna (Hannah) and a cousin Bernard,I am sorry I dont know the Surname could be Turner,Brodigan ,Thomas I feel sure that maybe uncle Pat or Bernard worked on the railways Does anybody know of these houses,Please rack your brains I'm sure I remember visiting them  Thanks Bernadine
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 9 houses Shotton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 August 08 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was 9 Houses the actual name of a road
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 August 08 17:04 BST (UK) »
I really dont know It was a smallish place  It was near the railway  there must be people living in shotton who can remember 9 houses I am stuck on my family history and I firmly believe that Bernard holds the answer  Please keep trying Thanks Bernadine
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 August 08 23:02 BST (UK) »

Have you had a look on here, Bernadine?

Chapters 2 & 8 tell you a little about the nine houses.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/shotton/

Paul

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 September 08 19:33 BST (UK) »
Hello bernadine

If you look at chapter 8 of the link it tells you what happened to the nine houses :)

Paul.

Offline loubie-lou

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Realise your post is 3 years old, but just in case your still looking. My Father in Law  (Bob Brooks) went to live with his grandad in the 9 houses - Shotton around  1950. His grandad  Frank Brooks had lived there for a number of years with his sister Kitty,  My Father in Law has sadly passed away but my Mother in Law got to know the area in about 1955/56. She is sure the Brooks family were there during the war.  She cannot recall any of the people you mention.  Her recollection is in the first property were a family called Heywood.  Next to her was Mary no surname and then in another property a lady called Blanche.  she says that at the end of the row was a shop called 'Woodfines' which was nex to the pub known locally as Hendys. The pub is still there!

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 July 11 09:33 BST (UK) »
hello yes |I am still on the trail but I know now it was Kindlan my connection I did get this info No 11 Woodlands Road(just around the corner).
Patrick Kindlin, Hannah Kindlin, George Kindlin, Bernard Kindlin, Thomas E A Edwards, Lizzie Edwards and Bridget Davies.
I went to Drogheda 60 odd years ago and I stayed with these people one of the Brodigan girls married a Kindlan they all used to live inDrogheda,its so hard to untangle everybody isnt it Yet I still keep at it,its all down to kind people like yopurself who always try to help,Many thanks  it is really appreciated xx

Offline Jb2211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 September 14 18:42 BST (UK) »
hello yes |I am still on the trail but I know now it was Kindlan my connection I did get this info No 11 Woodlands Road(just around the corner).
Patrick Kindlin, Hannah Kindlin, George Kindlin, Bernard Kindlin, Thomas E A Edwards, Lizzie Edwards and Bridget Davies.
I went to Drogheda 60 odd years ago and I stayed with these people one of the Brodigan girls married a Kindlan they all used to live inDrogheda,its so hard to untangle everybody isnt it Yet I still keep at it,its all down to kind people like yopurself who always try to help,Many thanks  it is really appreciated xx

Offline Jb2211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 19 September 14 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernadine,  I have just read your post re. 9 Houses, Shotton. This was a hamlet. My grandfather James McClure Lived there in 1911. His address was 3 Tobies Row, Nine Houses, Shotton. He was a lodger there at the time. I hope this is helpful to you so that you might be able to find the correct address of your family there.. Regards Janet