Author Topic: St Peter's (Spitals) Cemetery  (Read 5573 times)

Offline J11

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Peter's (Spitals) Cemetery
« on: Tuesday 11 June 13 19:44 BST (UK) »
Does anyone by any chance have the MIs for Spitals Cemetery in Aberdeen?  I am looking for a lair no. and ideally directions to the grave of Janet McDonald 67 widow of Lachlan McBain of Knockando, buried there in 1824, for someone who has very kindly offered to photograph the grave for me.

Offline Archivos

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes
    • View Profile
Re: St Peter's (Spitals) Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 11:08 BST (UK) »
There are no MIs for St Peter's, but the burial registers have survived and lair numbers are sometimes (not always!) given in these.  You can search them on www.deceasedonline.com which has a free index search, but it's pay-per-view to see the actual register images.

The originals are held at Aberdeen City Archives in their Town House office, and can be seen for free along with maps of the cemetery.  Their contact details can be found at www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/archives

Offline J11

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 19:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much.

Offline Jamieson

• RootsChat Member
  • Have camera can travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 July 13 20:28 BST (UK) »
I have the *.pdf files that show the lair locations. If you have, or when you get the number I can send you the map of the location.

EDITED

Attached is an example of what you would see if you used the free search of Deceased online. To view the lair number and other info you would need to pay. Details on the web site.

Copyright Image removed by Moderator
Aberdeen Aberdeenshire Fyvie Drumoak Dalmaik Peterculter Birse Strachan Aboyne Huntly Banchory-Devenick  -  Jamieson Greig Forbes Tobin Gillespie Cheyne Thompson Donaldson Luke Mark Maitland Findlay Silver Bannerman McDonald

Offline J11

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 July 13 05:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 14:22 BST (UK) »
I am actually going there on Friday if you were sure of the lair I could have a look for you if it is near the area I am going to

Offline J11

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 20:34 BST (UK) »
That is a very kind offer.  Unfortunately, I can't find the Lair Number.  I have purchased credits on Deceased Online but only get the burial register which doesn't give me a lair number.  As you walk to your chosen location, keep an eye open for Janet McDonald 1824 just in case you pass by her.  Many thanks for thinking of it for me.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 21:16 BST (UK) »
It normally has the number down the side of the burial record for instance L/4
                                                                                                                8 will have a look I take it she died 1824

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 22:20 BST (UK) »
http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.asp?lID=13142&sID=9334
The above is a link to a guide of the cemetery records held by Aberdeen Council.  You may it useful.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.