Author Topic: Do you know this stone cross  (Read 15049 times)

Offline athcarne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nugent's of Gaulstown, Duleek
« Reply #18 on: Friday 27 September 13 12:19 BST (UK) »
Dear Sinann.
Just got new info from Duleek Church records on your Family.
Francis Kevin Nugent born 1920's was baptised by Fr.John Murphy in Duleek Church.

Patrick Vincent Nugent born 1920's was baptised by Fr. Gillick address "Gaulstown"
Father James and Mother Mary Fitzsimons. Confirmed in the 1930's  in Kilcullen.
.........Hope this is useful......Tony

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know this stone cross
« Reply #19 on: Monday 30 September 13 10:29 BST (UK) »
Athcarne you said

PS.... Your Grandfather worked for John Nugent at Gaulstown House. He was the large landowner in Gaulstown / Tymoole. You will find John Greene in the 1911 census.

I assume John Nugent was a typo, John Greene is in the 1901 Census and his son William (I think) is in the 1911, John's mother (I assume) in Griffith's Valuation, so you are saying this family still had a large farm, more or less all of Gaulstown in the 1920s?
The river Napper could that be considered a stream?

Offline athcarne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 06 October 13 21:16 BST (UK) »
Sinann
John Greene owned over 260 acres of lands at Firmount, Gaulstown, Tymoole and most likely some more townlands in East Meath. John's mother Anne was the owner as recorded in Griffiths.
Gaulstown House is a beautiful Georgian home and is presently occupied.
The small river that runs between Gaulstown and Tymoole is the Nanny River.
I don't recognise the Napper River....regards.......Tony

Athcarne you said

PS.... Your Grandfather worked for John Nugent at Gaulstown House. He was the large landowner in Gaulstown / Tymoole. You will find John Greene in the 1911 census.

I assume John Nugent was a typo, John Greene is in the 1901 Census and his son William (I think) is in the 1911, John's mother (I assume) in Griffith's Valuation, so you are saying this family still had a large farm, more or less all of Gaulstown in the 1920s?
The river Napper could that be considered a stream?
[/quote]

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 06 October 13 23:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tony, all this information is great.
Don't know where I got Napper from I had looked at the maps the day before and just got a bit confused I guess.
Even though he was only six when they left Meath my dad always supported Meath in the football so I guess he had fond memories of his time there, unlike his brother who always claimed to be from Westmeath like their parents.