Author Topic: Flower Hill National School, Navan - 1920s pupils  (Read 5778 times)

Offline iem

• RootsChat Member
  • Magrath-Crowe & Magrath-McClean family of Dublin
    • View Profile
Flower Hill National School, Navan - 1920s pupils
« on: Thursday 28 November 13 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help? I have just discovered that my father Leslie Patrick Magrath bMar1916 attended Flower Hill National School, Navan - and that he used to go by bicycle (maybe didn't live too close?).
Why he/his family were there, how long etc I have no idea.
His father was Robert Francis Magrath/McGrath, who appears in the 1911 Census in Timahoe, Kildare as a Sub-postmaster.
Does anyone have access to local directories, older relatives (well, it's worth asking!) with possible information on either family member?
Robert Francis' wife was Helena.  They seem to have been COI.  I have a 1925 photo of Leslie Patrick if anyone happens to have a relevant school photo,  ;).
Thanks
Magrath, Dublin & Lucan & Cavan
Carruthers/Crothers, Dublin
Crowe, Dublin
McClean, Dublin, Lucan, Armagh & Newry
Sharp, Wilburton & Cambridge,
Laffon - Castres en Tarn, Bordeaux, Amsterdam, Dublin

Offline iem

• RootsChat Member
  • Magrath-Crowe & Magrath-McClean family of Dublin
    • View Profile
Re: Flower Hill National School, Navan - 1920s pupils
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 November 13 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Oh and ... Robert Francis is not in the Post Office Recruitment Book after 1896. The only other thing I know is that at some point he had to give up the Post Office business and went to work for the Guinness Family at Farmleigh (the Family themselves, not the factory).  Sorry I don't know how/when/why (just yet!)
Magrath, Dublin & Lucan & Cavan
Carruthers/Crothers, Dublin
Crowe, Dublin
McClean, Dublin, Lucan, Armagh & Newry
Sharp, Wilburton & Cambridge,
Laffon - Castres en Tarn, Bordeaux, Amsterdam, Dublin