Author Topic: Death of James DOBB  (Read 961 times)

Offline devongirl50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Death of James DOBB
« on: Sunday 23 February 14 21:41 GMT (UK) »
My 3rd great grandfather James DOBB was born in 1809 in Exeter Devon. He lived in Teignmouth Devon. He married Mary Ann Venn and he was alive on the 1861 census.  However on the 1871 census she was a widow.
I cannot find a death record for him.
Any ideas? :)
Coles (Torquay Devon), Thomas (Teignmouth Devon), Dobb (Devon), Venn (Exeter Devon)Langdon (Devon)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Death of James DOBB
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 February 14 23:13 GMT (UK) »
They appear to be living apart in 1861 and the children are scattered as well
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 February 14 23:25 GMT (UK) »
There is this death in 1866 but nobody matching that birthyear is on the 1861 census so there's a good chance it's your James.  Death cert info was only as good as the info given by the person reporting the death so was dependant on what they knew of the deceased

James Dobb aged 52 March qtr 1866  Newton Abbot 5b 103
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline devongirl50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 February 14 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you CaroleW; that helps. 

The family were all living apart in 1861.  Mary Ann and her daughter Sarah were in service together in a house in Teignmouth.  Sarah was my 2nd great grandmother.

Mary Ann nee Venn husband James Dobb and son Richard were lodgers in another house in Woodbury St Thomas district in 1861.  After that I could find Mary Ann but not James.

Thank you for your help I have been looking everywhere for some trace of him  :)
Coles (Torquay Devon), Thomas (Teignmouth Devon), Dobb (Devon), Venn (Exeter Devon)Langdon (Devon)