Author Topic: DOROTHY JURY - Sittingbourne - record of death  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Moosie100

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DOROTHY JURY - Sittingbourne - record of death
« on: Wednesday 02 July 14 21:03 BST (UK) »
Looking for dates or year of the death of Dorothy Jury born in April 1902 as Dorothy Peace but adopted and named changed to Gilham.
Married Edwin Jury  and mother to Beatrice and Dennis.
I know she lived in the Sittingbourne area and think she died after 1967.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: DOROTHY JURY - Sittingbourne - record of death
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 21:19 BST (UK) »
This is the most likely one but you would have to buy the certificate to get the exact date

Dorothy Jury death registered Sep 1967 age 65 Yarmouth RD
Ref 4b 480

A bit of a mystery this as the marriage index says she is married to Edwin R Jury. However he seems to be married to an Amy who dies c1952. There is an Edwin George Jury born in Milton in 1898, is that the right spouse ?
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 21:29 BST (UK) »
Edwin G Jury dies in 1967, but the interesting thing is an Edwin R Jury dies at exactly the same time with the same reference so perhaps he went by both Edwin G and Edwin R

Edwin G Jury death registered Sep 1967 age 68 Sittingbourne RD
Ref 5f 550
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Moosie100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 July 14 21:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking and both of them died at the same time just different areas. Off to Sittingbourne Library tomorrow to see if I can look for the newspapers for 1967.
Kind Regards