Author Topic: Fountain Dale near Blidworth  (Read 33924 times)

Offline OzKen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fountain Dale near Blidworth
« Reply #18 on: Friday 19 September 08 20:19 BST (UK) »
Tessa

I think if you  click on Reply and post a brief message that will count as your third post. Then you can click on the green scroll bottom left of any of my posts to send me a personal message.

Offline tessac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 19 September 08 23:02 BST (UK) »
Still looking for other sites about the Needs! A terrible name to search for!

Offline HughMacd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 21 September 08 22:41 BST (UK) »
Are you still looking for information on the house itself?

My grandparents (Ralph and Belle Cooke) bought the house in the mid-1960s, and lived there until they had to move in 1995, due to my grandfather's illness.

I have very fond memories of the house and surroundings, having spent many, many wonderful months there as a child.

I only came across this site through a search for "fountaindale", being interested in finding out what had happened to the house since I saw it last.

Last thing I knew, the main house was still one, but there were a couple of flats around the back. I don't know how much of this the new owners have changed.

Offline piggy2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 13 December 08 00:27 GMT (UK) »
HughMacd, please PM me I think I can help.

Offline HughMacd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 14 December 08 19:02 GMT (UK) »
I don't appear to be able to until I've posted a few times (either that, or I'm just being a muppet and can't get my head around this place)

Offline Tigress

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 11 July 10 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I see in the 1891 Census a James and Alice Need were living in Fountain Dale, my GG grandmother and her sister were working for the couple, I wondered how they fitted into your family, my GG grandfather was a groom working in Ault Hucknall nearby.
Agar, Bingham, Breeson, Easom, Ford, Guy, Hall, Hoggarth, Holmes, Jefferies, Marsh, McMahon, Peck, Self, Smith, Stevenson, Underwood,

Offline cybrgran

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 July 10 09:16 BST (UK) »

My grandmother Eliza Ann Smith worked at Fountaindale in 1881. She was born in Brinsley in 1860. In 1884 she married a William Kay, they married in Chorlton on Medlock, by 1891 she was a widow and living in Huddersfield.
KAY - Notts and Derbyshire.
SMITH - Notts.
Johnston Armagh
Maguire Co Cavan
Millen London
Smith Liverpool
Stenhouse Fife

Offline Tigress

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 10:06 BST (UK) »
My GG grandmother was Ellen Louisa Hall and her sister was Mary Ann Hall, both of them worked at Fountaindale, strangely their mother was Eliza Ann Smith, but she was born in Norton in 1848. I wonder if she's related to your Eliza Ann, I was interested in their employer James Need, did you find any other photos of the place?
Agar, Bingham, Breeson, Easom, Ford, Guy, Hall, Hoggarth, Holmes, Jefferies, Marsh, McMahon, Peck, Self, Smith, Stevenson, Underwood,

Offline OzBrianJC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 31 July 10 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi all,from OzBrianJC .
For Oz Ken.
My wife Christine is a direct descendant of John Johnstone (Need) who immigrated to Tasmania around 1837.   Her lived in Hobart and Richmond until 1859.   He then moved to Victoria and lived on the eastern bank of Tower Hill near Warrnambool.

You have answered a our questions as to why he changed his name.   He had 7 children in Tasmania by Annie Easton.   He married Elisabeth Easton B1857, M1874, D1857.  She was Annie's sister.   No children.   He married Mary Smith, M1876 3 children.   Annie is buried in Richmond, Tas, she died giving birth to Alfred Isaac B1849 D1910. Christine gg grandfather.   Your gg grandfather Easton surveyed Natimuk, in Western Victoria.   A sign making note of it is displayed in the town park. 

Hope to catch up with you in the future.   We would a lot to talk about.   We live in Dandenong Nth, Melb