Author Topic: Lambert family  (Read 4992 times)

Offline gratuation

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lambert family
« on: Wednesday 24 October 12 08:41 BST (UK) »
Can someone please look up how many children were born to a Alfred lambert and Margaret whitecross I know they had one son called William in 1910 but I think they must have had more children in Dundee. Alfred was a jute worker in a mill in Dundee.  Margaret was born in 1882 and Alfred 1879 , they were living at daffodil walk, Dundee .

Thank you

G

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Lambert family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 16:47 BST (UK) »
The answer to that is, 'not without going to a lot of expense'.

First, births after 1911 cannot be downloaded as digital images for £1.40 each because there is a time limit of 100 years ago for online access to births; they have to be ordered and cost £12 each.

Second, the mother's maiden surname is not included in the births indexes until 1929, and are not included in the online version of the index, so to find all the children would require getting an official extract of the birth certificate of every Lambert born in Dundee from 1904, when Alfred and Margaret were married in Poplar, London, until say 1932, when Margaret turned 50.

There was one Lambert birth in Dundee before 1911 (probably William's) that you can download from www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and there were 17 from 1912 onwards.

Given the gap of six years between the 1904 marriage and William's birth in 1910, there may also have been earlier births elsewhere. The 1911 census entry, which you can download from SP, will cost you £1.40, and will list any children living on census day 1911, and tell you if any had died in childhood before then.

You could get all this information cheaper by going in person to the Scotland's People Centre in Edinburgh, paying £15 for a day's research, and looking them all up and transcribing the ones of interest. Or you could hire a searcher to look them up and transcribe them for you far cheaper than paying for official extracts.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 17:04 BST (UK) »
It's possible the family returned to Poplar , there are 4 Lambert births showing on freeBMD 1915 - 1925 , mothers surname Whitecross
Margaret E , Lilian M , Frederick T , Ethel R.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline whanau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi G

I have always been interested in my family tree but never got round to doing anything about it. I knew my great, great grandmother's name was Sarah Whitecross so I searched on the internet & was amazed to find your posts. I don't like to give out info on the internet & being new I can't private message you until I've put up three posts. However, I can tell you that you and I are quite closely related and think I know who you are.  We may be able to help you with some family info, especially this one if you have not already found the answers to your questions. Not sure from your posts what you already know but would love to connect. Hey, looking at all your posts I am even more surprised to see you tried to contact my family a few years ago. Still interested?
Look forward to hearing. W :) :) :)

Offline gratuation

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 07:18 GMT (UK) »
To the person who wrote the last message , I am very interested in making contact I've sent you a private message with my email address . Looking foward to hearing from you I'm intrigued and wondering who you are I think I also know :)

Best wishes

G

Offline gratuation

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 07:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you ev I'll have a look CHEERS

G

Offline gratuation

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 07:26 GMT (UK) »
To whanau

Hi I've just tried private messaging you I have a note coming up saying your in box is full so my last message didn't get through

G

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 07:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi whanau and gratuation

Whanau welcome to roots you to have posted 3 times to use the private message system

if you post a couple of one word replies to gratuation's post here you will be able to access the PM
system

Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline gratuation

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that help

G