Author Topic: White Family  (Read 13526 times)

Offline danishdots

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: White Family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 July 10 20:17 BST (UK) »
I may just be repeating info?  There are White families in Portlaoise and in Emo. 

Good wishes with your search,

danishdots

Coolbanagher (Queens County, Ireland); North Creake (Norfolk); Aarhus (Denmark); Burntisland (Fife, Scotland); Rowlands Gill (Northumberland); Ballycarroll (Queens County, Ireland); Raheen (QueensCounty, Ireland)

Offline scorpiobabe69

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 July 13 14:56 BST (UK) »
@ Erroll
"My 3 x great grandmother was a Catherine White. She was born in Erroll, Charville, Queens County Ireland sometime about 1843. Unsure of who her parents are."

I don't know if you're still looking, your message is quite old. But I can tell you that the place she was born is Charleville House near Errill, Queens County (Laois). You can get some info on the house and the little church and schoolhouse beside it on this blog http://www.from-ireland.net/blog/church-or-not-laois-queens-co/

The gps co-ordinates are 52.953539,-7.686396 (just paste these numbers into Google maps search bar). The townland is called Raheen or Charleville. The 1901 census for the house is here : http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Queen_s_Co_/Moneymore/Raheen_or_Charleville/1652587/
It lists an 82 year old Henry White (Deputy Lieutenant for Laois) who would have been her father. His son Henry was a Justice of the Peace and he has a daughter Sophia. These would have been your ancestor's siblings.
I hope you see this message and it helps you in your search
Denise

Offline Lance Matthews

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 May 14 13:08 BST (UK) »
Coolbanagher Co.Laois - C of I
Baptisms
11.05.1809 Jane White daughter of Theophilus & Elizabeth of Emo
09.06.1811 Edward White, son of Theophilus & Elizabeth of Emo

Burials
07.12.1818 John White late of Emo aged 26
24.12.1819 Theophilus White late of Emo aged 34
26.07.1824 Theophilus White late of Emo aged 91
27.06.1826 Martha White late of Emo aged 68
28.11.1832 Edward White late of Emo aged 81

My interest is in James White & his wife Mary (nee Lewis) lived on Togher, near Portlaoise, at the start of 1800's. Children Lambert, James & Jane.