Author Topic: Bere Island Cousins  (Read 20848 times)

Offline Sheils

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bere Island Cousins
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 20 January 11 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennifer

I got your last message but your email was removed in accordance with rootschat policy.

Not sure how we can exchange email addresses, can you get the information you have to me through rootschat.  Are you on facebook? I am

Sheila

Offline joannaer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 12 February 11 12:41 GMT (UK) »
I have just seen your message. My Mother is nee Lowney and comes from Bere Island. The other names that you are looking for can be found on facebook under The Bere Island Group. I set this group  up on facebook two years ago and quite a few people have found lost relatives on the group. Also there is The Bere Island Heritage Group on facebook where you might find some information also.

Hope this helps.
Joanna

Offline joannaer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 February 11 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
Anyone looking for lost relatives or any family tree history you go onto FACEBOOK and look under The Bere Island Group, here you might find someone with the same name or find help. I set this group up two years ago and loads of people have found lost relations and so forth.

Hope this helps
Joanna

My Grandmother always told me that we were the Sullivan Bere's and the last people to be defeated by
the English and that her family came from Bere Island. I have only recently discovered how extraordinary our family was having googled Bere Island as my 9 year old son is doing a project on Islands of the
world. As I live in Herfordshire in England and have never been to Cork and my mother grew up in Kerry even though my Grandfather was Patrick Doody who was also from Cork.

My son and I would now love to visit Cork and Bere Island. How amazing is Google that we have learnt so much about our family.

If I am related to anyone I would love to hear from you. My Grandmother's name was Elizabeth Clifford but her mother (Sullivan Bere family) was called Caatherine Sullivan Gowan.

My name is Barbara Lynch.

Happiness to everyone in Ireland.

Offline irishpaddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi
 I am new to this so please be patient.
     My grandmother was Frances Moriarty from Bere Island. She immigrated to Boston Mass USA around 1905. She subsequently married Dennis Lowney also from Bere Island. To my knowledge she had at least 2 sisters who also immigrated to Boston. She had an older sister Kit whose married name was Rumley. The other sisters married name was Saunders. There were cousins from Lowell MA named Hardiman who were from the same part of Ireland.
Frances and Kit each had large families. Kit's tribe is mostly female so you may not find many Rumleys in your search. There are plenty of Lowneys in the area.
I hope that this has been helpful.

Hi there , My Mother is a nieace to your  grandmother and her sister  Helena was my grandmother .

Offline irishpaddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 01 June 11 00:12 BST (UK) »
I thought you'd like to no ,  your grandmother Francis  is included in my familys tree on Geni.com.

My mother is from Bere Island , Kathleen Mac Carthy  was here name and Helena Moriarty was her mother ,  Francis Moriartys sister

Theres a lot of info on the family tree, it would be great to include you and the other Mioriarty accendents on the tree

Please could you contact me
Thank You

Offline Bobcatmama

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 23:35 BST (UK) »
This is directed to Sheila.
My gr gr gr grandparents were Timothy O'Sullivan and
Catherine Harrington who moved to Nova Scotia,
Canada in 1816 from Castletown Berehaven.
I would love to get more info from you. I think
I found a post by you on the ancestry message
boards. I had no ideas they had 7 children. I hope you
will respond. We can private message after 2 posts.
Thanks
Linda

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda,

Are you trying to get some help on RootsChat? We have had some strange messages in the last few days.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk