Author Topic: Samuel Alexander and Bridget Kilday  (Read 15739 times)

Offline Cheskauk2013

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Alexander and Bridget Kilday
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 05 April 14 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am still investigating all this information but I came across something by accident and wondered if it could be Mary on a website,

Below is the part I believe may be about Mary,

Return to an order of the Honourable The House of Commons, dated  24 May 1870,-for.
Return of all poor persons removed from Scotland to Ireland from the 1st.Jan.1867 to the 31st. Dec. 1869.

CountyParishNameAdult Male   Adult FemaleChildren under 16   From what port sent   What place sent to

Kirkintilloch   Widow Cornelius Kilday,   1       6   Greenock   Donegal[/left][/pre][/center]

Also (sorry for the long post) but I have the marriage cert of Cornelius Kilday and Mary Mc Aulay,1859,Campsie,Stirling however their ages,rank or profession,residence are unlisted so I wonder if there may be a reason for this? Cornelius does not list his parents but Mary does.

Any help much appreciated,

Francesca  :)

Offline Cheskauk2013

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Alexander and Bridget Kilday
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 28 September 14 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Just a little update, I have found that James A is James Alexander. On the birth certificate of James it mentions Bridget as a Housekeeper and Samuel Alexander as a coal miner.

Out of interest does anyone have any tips on trying to decipher this or find a new avenue of searching when looking at illegitimate children and their family?

Thank you in advance,

;D