Author Topic: Michael Kelly - where do I look  (Read 11880 times)

Offline Karen B.

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Kelly - where do I look
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 23:49 GMT (UK) »
I have talked to my mother and she says that my grandmother Kate Kelly came over in 1914 She had a brother Bernard who they also called Uncle Barney. Her brother were also Thomas, Patrick, and Timothy. The girls were Maryann, Bridget who they called Delia. Good luck with you search, Karen

Offline Mjpk1982

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 February 12 11:25 GMT (UK) »
my great grandfather was called bernard. also his father (my great great grandfather) was called bernard.
i will be able to pm you to see if we are related (or not).
are you living in USA???

Offline Karen B.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 February 12 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I live in NJ.  If your Bernard is the one in my family tree there would be a connection to Jersey City. If not it may be a 'distant' relation.  Karen

Offline DeFilippis78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 June 13 19:39 BST (UK) »
I would like to talk to Karen. Delia Kelly is my great grandmother from Roscommon. She lived and died in Jersey City. I read all your posts in this thread and I believe we are related

Alicia

Offline Chris Goodlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 13:32 BST (UK) »
My gt gt gt grandfather was a Thomas Kelly born c.1837, in Co Galway. He married in Rochdale, Lancashire in 1853, his wife was Ellen Joyce born 1839, on their marriage certificate they state that she was from Shruhale, and her father was Edmund Joyce. Thomas's father was Martin Kelly, and he stated he was from Furbo. I have never as yet found any family belonging to my gt gt gt grandparents, other than 2 Joyce sisters ...... Re the Kelly's the Christian names Bernard and Bryan run in the family .... which caught my interest ...
Looking at Alicia's posting, I wonder if there is any kind of connection, someone once told me that my gt gt grandfather, Edmund Patrick Kelly (born Rochdale 1872) ....always stated that his family were from Roscommon. It was also said that other members of Thomas Kelly born in Co Galway, went to America.

Offline DeFilippis78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 18:31 BST (UK) »
Delia Kelly is my great great grandmother. Her brother Thomas and sister Nora came to America and lived with her for a little while in Jersey City according to one of the censuses. Like Delia, these Kellys are from Ahascragh also which I believe was in Roscommon but the borders changed and now its in present day Galway. Would you know where your Thomas is from and a possible year of birth?

Offline Chris Goodlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 19:13 BST (UK) »
My grandfather Thomas Kelly was born in 1834, I correct my intial dating of 1837, according to his marriage certificate and his given age it would be 1834.
He had children Martin, Michael, and John William, daughters Ellen(nellie) and Catherine, and my gt grandfather Edmund Patrick.  They children were all born in Rochdale, Lancashire UK.  One one of the census records, I believe it was 1861, there was a cousin called Bridget Riley in the household. Which would possibly imply that Thomas 1834 had a sister? ....... there is ls also a Nora in the family, but she would be gt gt grandaughter to Thomas 1834.
I have the names of all the partners of the children of Thomas 1834, from a family bible.

Offline Chris Goodlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 17 March 14 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Has any one any updates on these postings?