Author Topic: Robert John Woolley. born KETTON c1882 - Baptism Lookup - REALLY need help!  (Read 5889 times)

Offline montereyclose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hey guys wonder if theres a fellow forum member who might be able to help me.

I'm trying to work back the family of ROBERT JOHN WOOLLEY b.March Qtr 1882 Ketton.  Spent the majority of his career in the Lincolnshire Regt.

I'm having real dificulty confirming his parents.  The information I recieved from my friend (whose family it is) was that he had a sister called Minnie - that has now been confirmed to have been AGNES MINTO(?) WOOLLEY, born c 1877 Kenton.  There are at least a couple of families in the area at the time - one of which seems to have been traced quite extensively.....and then there's this one!

I'd be so so grateful if someone had access to parish records for the period and could carry out a quick check for me?

In the 1891 census he's staying with his Grandfather FRANCIS WOOLLEY (b 1825-d1900), his 'sister is there too - Agnes, now known as Minnie...

ANY help would be of such help.

Thanks all, really keeping my fingers crossed on this one...

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert John Woolley. born KETTON c1882 - Baptism Lookup - REALLY need help!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Francis has a number of children who could be the parents of Robert, Agnes M and all the other little Woolleys living with him in 1891

Emma Wooley    b c1850  [1861 census]
Martha Wooley    b c1850   [1861 census]
Edward Wooley    b c1853   [1861 census]
James Wooley    b c 1856   [1861 census]
Elizabeth Wooley  b c 1857 (with him on 1891)
John Thos Woolley  b c1858 [1871 census]
Mary Ann Woolley  b   c 1863  [1871 census]
Francis Hy Woolley    b c1867  [1871 census] - a little unlikely

Offline montereyclose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mabel

like you say, there are a number of possibilities - and, tracing them through the later census there are, alas, a number of people with the same name born in the same area at the same time, meaning it is impossible to nail down which ones it could be.  I am beginning to wonder if it might be one of the girls having the children 'on the other side of the blanket'....but it is just assumptions.

Really hoping someone might have the fiche for the Ketton PR which might but the mystery to bed without me having to get birth certificates for Robert John and Agnes M...

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Well Dora b 1888 is Elizabeth's - she's with her and her 72 year old husband (correct looking at the image) on 1901

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Francis also almost definitely has the offspring of more than one of his children there in 1891 as Robert and Sarah are both b 1892, one Jan- March the other July - Sep. I suppose it is possible they are just nine months or slightly less apart!