Author Topic: Desperately Seeking Mary Jane  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Paul Johnson of Hartlepool UK

• RootsChat Extra
  • Support Hartlepool. Hang all French spies!
    • View Profile
Desperately Seeking Mary Jane
« on: Sunday 16 November 14 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
I am desperately hoping that someone get help get over a hurdle.

I have just received a last and testament of one of my great grandfathers, and instead of giving me answers, it's just thrown up more questions.

He is/was Thomas Johnson born 1901 Wheatley Hill, Co.Durham and died 1970 in Hartlepool.

Hi will says that he was married to Mary Jane Johnson and had two sons, James Richard Johnson and Kenneth William Johnson. It also names his brother Robert Johnson and his  grandson, Martin Andrew Johnson, son of James.

What would really like to know is what was the maiden name of Mary Jane. I would like to get their marriage certificate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
Surnames:- Johnson, Dawkins, Crutchley, Tiplady, Cranney, Laybourn, Rough.

Areas:- Hartlepool, Cleveland, Co. Durham, Cumberland, Westmoreland, Yorkshire, Bedfordshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Desperately Seeking Mary Jane
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 November 14 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked up the boys births on freebmd as they will give mothers maiden name.  They could still be alive given that they would only have been born in the 1920's or possibly 30's and there is no death for either in Durham up to 2007

If he was only born in 1901 - his marriage would be in the 1920's so have you checked freebmd for a marriage?

www.freebmd.org.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Paul Johnson of Hartlepool UK

• RootsChat Extra
  • Support Hartlepool. Hang all French spies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 November 14 22:07 GMT (UK) »
If he was only born in 1901 - his marriage would be in the 1920's so have you checked freebmd for a marriage?

He did marry in 1930 to a Lillian Thompson, but they divorced, and I only found out about this marriage when I got the will. I have his BMD certificates and they all match, but I need to find this new marriage certificate.
I did a search for the boys via Freebmd, but had no joy.
Surnames:- Johnson, Dawkins, Crutchley, Tiplady, Cranney, Laybourn, Rough.

Areas:- Hartlepool, Cleveland, Co. Durham, Cumberland, Westmoreland, Yorkshire, Bedfordshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 November 14 22:20 GMT (UK) »
If they were born to a second marriage then they would have been born well after 1930 and are probably still alive in which case no information can be posted about them

Freebmd birth transcriptions are pretty good up to the late 1940's/early 1950's but Johnson is a very common name

Do you know what year the divorce took place as it would give a better indication for a re-marriage date
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)