Author Topic: Walton-Baptism  (Read 11476 times)

Offline regina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Walton-Baptism
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 October 06 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Richard and Mel
I can definitely say that Richard and I share the same Walton family, and am very interested in Mel's information.   I too have James leaving Ireland during the potato famine, but am stuck at the same place as Richard.
Any more thoughts, please let me know
All the best, Regina :-\
Macclesfield - Potts, Ashness, Hooley, Haslam, Walton, Heapy, Hulme, Wildigg, Walton
Congleton - Cooke
Stockport - Whittingham, Sheppard
Ireland - Walton, Gain

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 July 10 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi i have a sarah hooley born 1822 in Bunbury cheshire. she was a twin to thomas hooley. their dad was Abraham Hooley and mom was Fanny Hooley.  Is this your relatative? as i have a photo of Sarah Hooley.,

Steph
hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline meachair

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Mel

This is an old post but I'd thought I'd add some information in case you are still interested! I was born in Ovenstown (Newtown), Kells, Co. Kilkenny. There was a John Walton along with his son Patrick who farmed there in the 1800s and early 1900s. Bassets directory 1884 seems to show a Nicholas Walton living in Ovenstown along with John Walton. It also lists "Flour & Meal - Kells Grange Mills,  Nicholas Walton"

There weren't that many waltons in Kilkenny so its possible that John Walton was a brother of his.

Meachair

Offline jackieandgary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 30 June 12 21:58 BST (UK) »
can anyone please get in touch with me if you are doing the tree of james walton born 1836 kilkenny. I am trying to get more information on his father also james walton who was a soldier and his wife.  thanks

Offline willie2james

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 August 13 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, my great grandfather was Alfred Walton, also a son of James Walton so brother to James Jr  :)