Author Topic: New 'Chatter' - unsure what I'm doing.  (Read 3352 times)

Offline coelmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: New 'Chatter' - unsure what I'm doing.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 May 14 13:50 BST (UK) »
Bill,
     I forgot to ask on which sites you found this information.     Did you find any wife or children for any of the three brothers?
Coelmar
Davidson & Young in Ayrshire::  Deacon in Beds:: Hawkins & Young in Berks::  Grant, Hammond & Southgate in Essex::  Punter & Sorrell in London:: Dennison in Suffolk & Yorks

Offline bill grant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 May 14 17:12 BST (UK) »
The information came from a friend of a friend who lived in Tasmania but is now deceased and I've no way of finding out her sources.She had no other news of the brothers between their pardons and death.What did they do in all that time?
I have no links with Devon.Thomas Grant's youngest son John was my great grandfather,his son Ephraim Walter was my grandfather who left the land and worked coasters into London where he settled and produced my father(another Ephraim).
Wish I could help more.
Regards
Bill Grant.

Offline coelmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 May 14 10:45 BST (UK) »
Bill
       My fourth-cousin now in New Zealand but born in Devon is having problems in that one source says that John, James and Thomas GRANT died in Tasmania (VDL as was), another source tells him John spent time in VDL but was buried 1838 in Kirby, and now you (via me) are suggesting all three died in Geelong.

Fun, innit?
Coelmar
Davidson & Young in Ayrshire::  Deacon in Beds:: Hawkins & Young in Berks::  Grant, Hammond & Southgate in Essex::  Punter & Sorrell in London:: Dennison in Suffolk & Yorks