Author Topic: Rebecca Macfarlane Stewart - parents information  (Read 13316 times)

Offline melwebb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rebecca Macfarlane Stewart - parents information
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Marg

How can you tell if they are still living?

not quite sure how to search :(

mel

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 14:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Mel

If you mean the family on the 1911 census, I doubt if any of them are still living, you will need to look at who they married, and if they had any children, I am not that ofay, with later research in Scotland, I am sure that Monica, will be able to point you in the right direction.

Did you receive the marriage for Rebecca

Marg x
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline melwebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 15:01 BST (UK) »
Great thankyou.

I ordered the marriage certificate. Still waiting for it from SP

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 17:09 BST (UK) »
You might be lucky and get Rebecca's marriage sooner rather than later but I would expect it to take anywhere between 2-3 weeks before it reaches you. You might get a nice surprise if it arrives early then!

Re Jessie's siblings, we did have one family tree on a/try that we mentioned earlier. This showed eldest Agnes Naismith Burnett marrying a Joseph McLean in 1908 in Bellshill. The tree owner is from this family of Agnes and is not complete in respect of Agnes' siblings. But, nice to know what happened with Agnes, the eldest. Also a little on the ancestry of father Robert, his parents and siblings etc. Best way to confirm this would be to look for Jessie's parents' marriage or their deaths. Both would include parent/s details to let you work back with confidence.

There is a lot of ancestry to gather here really Mel. We have only just found them  :D

You probably need to decide how you want to proceed from here and maybe concentrate on main lines first. Even then, you need to decide whether to start with Samuel first or Jessie.

Marg, I know why you are thinking about seeing Jessie pop up on one of her two younger sisters' marriage certs...specially if it was after 1932 as we saw Jessie as Jessie Alexander...

Jessie could also have reported one of her parents' deaths too. The problem with all of this, as we all know, is you don't know what you will find until you look.

Mel, the only place to look for this BMD information will be on the pay to view site, Scotlands People (SP). You can look at these records personally at one of the main genealogy centres in Scotland but that is not open to you now so you are looking at using the pay to view site SP...becomes addictive  ::)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lilmerricks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 27 October 14 22:18 GMT (UK) »
I've been away for a couple of days and just reading up on all this information and I am amazed at how much you have found!!  I can see that Samuel Stewart is definitely the correct one, and ties up will that his mother's name was MacFarlane.  As for Jessie... you have potentially found her by comparing signatures  :o

Myself and Mel had looked at the details and had come to a dead-end, it was just as an after thought that I thought of this site.  Thank you ladies :)  So glad we came here!!

Offline Zebrakat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Friday 26 June 15 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

On Scotlandpeople there are 4 marriages for a Rebecca Macfarlane Stewart

1945, to a Charles Henry Webb, Blairgowrie Perth* Macfarlane with the C the others without
1958 to a James Lochran Gillon, Bellshill Lanark
1949 to a John Gray, Blythswood Lanark
1946 to a Robert George Pollock Bellshill Lanark

Margp

I'm interested in James Lochran Gillon, did you obtain any records that you could share.

Thank you

Zebrakat.
Gillan/Gillon Rutherglen, Cambuslang
Gillan/Gillon Ayrshire
Gillan/Gillon Ireland
Curle Glasgow
McCarthy Cork/Waterford
Murphy Cork/Waterford
Clifford Kerry/Tipperary/Limerick
Ryan Tipperary

Offline Kiltie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Monday 27 February 17 11:43 GMT (UK) »
I have a large collection of family trees for Stewart families on Bute and their associated names. Also trees on the Jenkins family of both Argyll and Bute.  :)