Author Topic: George Cutts senior pre bapt 1792 look up Scarcliffe  (Read 4707 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
George Cutts senior pre bapt 1792 look up Scarcliffe
« on: Sunday 27 December 09 01:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello

About two years ago I found a baptism for George Cutts (Cut or Cutt) about 1790 something in Scarecliffe Derbyshire online somewhere! but now cannot refind this now! I overlooked it as there was common befief that George Cutts  born in Bolsover about the same time was the father of George of  George senior and Fanny Cutts bapt 1821 Bolsover. Since then we have found the marriage of George and Fanny (Frances Fox of Heath) married 1812 in Scarecliffe. Suddenly bells started ringing on the above baptism Scarcliffe

Any help refinding the Scarlciffe bapt online or off at the  library in Chesterfield would be very appreciated

Regards Dobby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Ashie1973

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Cutts senior pre bapt 1792 look up Scarcliffe
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 December 09 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Ancestry lists a Christening record is this any good?  Ashley.

Name: George Cutts
Birth Date: abt 1782
Christening Date: 24 Feb 1782
Christening Place: Staveley, Derbyshire, England
Father's Name: George Cutts
Mother's Name: Sarah

Offline Ashie1973

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 December 09 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry also lists Christening records from 1775-1800 for the following Cutts in Staveley.  Mary, Anne, Ann, Robert, Hannah, Martha, Paul 1793, Paul, 1794. May be of relevance.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 December 09 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ashie,

Thank you for taking the time to look this info up!  :D I see you are a new member of recent and Welcome to Rootschat. I will look at these with great interest. I'll look the dates up at Chesterfield library or Matlock Archives in the spring as I'm in Yorkshire! but best do as much research before a visit hence my post  and  my late mother came from Clowne near Chesterfield with relo's down there but none interested in ancestry, to do look ups.

Happy new year

best regards

Dobby  :)
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Billy Fish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 January 10 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry also lists Christening records from 1775-1800 for the following Cutts in Staveley.  Mary, Anne, Ann, Robert, Hannah, Martha, Paul 1793, Paul, 1794. May be of relevance.

Ashie,

Are all of the above from the same family, George/Sarah?
My 4th g.grandmother was Martha Cutts b Sep 1791 at Inkersall Green Staveley

Offline crowmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 11 April 14 21:55 BST (UK) »
Ashie1973 can you please message me I would like to speak to you regarding an ancestor - Arthur Fredrick Worthington. many thanks - crowmar

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 11 April 14 22:45 BST (UK) »
Direct from the Scarcliffe Parish Registers I can tell you that George Cutts (or variations)..was NOT baptised at Scarcliffe.......George CUTT married Frances Fox at Scarcliffe 26 11.1810 by Banns.

A possible red herring is that FRANCES CUT. widow. had a child William baptised at Scarcliffe 22.05.1831....no other relevant baptisms weddings or burials at Scarcliffe.

Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 12 April 14 10:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Derek

Thanks for your kind reply (Though its an old post)

I think I was mistaken in seeing a George Cutts (Cut or Cutt or variants) in the Scarcliffe PR's.

From other records found in family documents since this thread post was posted 2009  !! - the George Cutt who married Frances Fox at Heath, suggest he came from around South Rotherham Whiston/Kiverton Park/Waleswood area.

Other researchers in Ancestry website suggest this George Cutt was from North Wingfield parish

They will argue about him for years to come.

:)