Author Topic: Staffordshire records released  (Read 11156 times)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Staffordshire records released
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 July 14 10:21 BST (UK) »
You can find that marriage on findmypast in Shropshire in 1803. Her name was Mary Talbot.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 July 14 10:28 BST (UK) »
You can find that marriage on findmypast in Shropshire in 1803. Her name was Mary Talbot.

Thanks,whilst it may be a possible,I have but two children from the marriage,Daniel(1815-1821) and Thomas(1818-1868).Thomas being my Greatx2-Grandfather.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 17 July 14 10:31 BST (UK) »
Its also worth pointing out that Daniel married for a second time,03/03/1821 to an Ann Pepper.

Regards
William Russell Jones. 
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 17 July 14 10:38 BST (UK) »
Daniel was baptised at Newchapel St James in 1815, there are two other children to Daniel and Mary baptised at Newchapel in 1807 (Anne) and 1811 (Jane).  The first child would appear to be Sarah baptised 1804 at Audley St James the Great.  The burial of Daniel Burber at Burslem in 1846 does suggest a birth date around 1779/80.

As Craclyn has said, the registers are viewable on FindMyPast but that does look like the correct marriage.

Edit - Daniel's profession on the 1815 baptism for Daniel and Thomas' baptism in 1818 (indexed as Derber on FindMyPast) are both as joiner.  Tends to suggest it's the same family that Craclyn has found the marriage for.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 17 July 14 11:14 BST (UK) »
Daniel was baptised at Newchapel St James in 1815, there are two other children to Daniel and Mary baptised at Newchapel in 1807 (Anne) and 1811 (Jane).  The first child would appear to be Sarah baptised 1804 at Audley St James the Great.  The burial of Daniel Burber at Burslem in 1846 does suggest a birth date around 1779/80.

As Craclyn has said, the registers are viewable on FindMyPast but that does look like the correct marriage.

Edit - Daniel's profession on the 1815 baptism for Daniel and Thomas' baptism in 1818 (indexed as Derber on FindMyPast) are both as joiner.  Tends to suggest it's the same family that Craclyn has found the marriage for.

Many thanks,just to  underline the possible earlier baptisms of children of Daniel and Mary,does the Daniel show as a Carpenter/Joiner on those?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 17 July 14 11:51 BST (UK) »
The Jane Durber(1811) is of interest.A Jane Durber married a Thomas Green at Keele 01/04/1837 as you can see somewhat unfortunately before the officially recorded marriages.Now another relative thinks this was the daughter of Ann Pepper before her marriage to Daniel Durber.The said Ann is living with Thomas and Jane Green at Burslem in 1851-HO107/2003/29/3.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 17 July 14 16:28 BST (UK) »
Many thanks,just to  underline the possible earlier baptisms of children of Daniel and Mary,does the Daniel show as a Carpenter/Joiner on those?

Regards
William Russell Jones.

No only the baptisms in 1815 and 1818 list the father's profession as joiner.  Not unusual though for pre-1813 baptisms, some do, many don't.

Those are the only baptisms that appear with parents Daniel and Mary.  It would seem likely they were the same family, although I don't think the records are entirely complete.  The fact that Ann Durber nee Pepper is with Jane Green nee Durber does also suggest it's the same family.  Jane's age is out on the census but she was obviously older than her husband, so not unusual for this to happen.  Two of my ancestors lost many years off their ages over various census. ;D ;D

Do you know if Daniel signed his 1821 marriage?  Unfortunately it's not currently online so can't compare the signatures, assuming he did.  Often a good way of seeing if it's the same person, if there are a number of similarities.  If you have a copy, it would be well worth your while signing up to FindMyPast for a month and having a look. ;D  To be honest, it probably would be anyway, as you may spot something else that helps you confirm if that 1803 marriage is correct.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 17 July 14 18:54 BST (UK) »
I think its well worth pointing out that the available Trees on Ancestry with Thomas Green and wife Jane contain old info i used to carry on my Tree in that I thought Jane was a full sister of Thomas(1818).I'll try and look and compare notes with my relatives Tree on Genes later.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 17 July 14 20:26 BST (UK) »
I think its well worth pointing out that the available Trees on Ancestry with Thomas Green and wife Jane contain old info i used to carry on my Tree in that I thought Jane was a full sister of Thomas(1818).I'll try and look and compare notes with my relatives Tree on Genes later.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

I think it's highly likely she was a full sister of your Thomas and not his step-mother's child born before the marriage.  Wolstanton appears to separate all three of the parishes where there are baptisms to a Daniel and Mary.  They appear to be the only Daniel and Mary Durber in the area, so its quite likely they are the same couple and the 1803 marriage lists Daniel as being of Wolstanton even though it took place in Shropshire.  I can see no Jane Pepper baptism to an Ann around the right time.  Its highly likely she had her stepmother living with her.

As mentioned previously, and considering the month sub isn't that expensive, it would be well worth your while looking at the original registers.  It would give you the opportunity to look at the families of that name in that area.