Author Topic: Slamannan Cemetery  (Read 12874 times)

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Slamannan Cemetery
« on: Tuesday 07 June 11 20:02 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace headstones belonging to husband's ancestors. His family seem to have lived in Slamannan for a long time in the late 1800's.
The most recent one to have died in Slamannan that I can work out is Helen FINDLAY wife of James FINDLAY. She died in 1932, so hopefully there will be a headstone to view. My problem is which Cemeteries are in Slamannan and is there a possibility that some kind person might be able to take a photo of any headstone? I am aware of a list online somewhere that has names and e-mai addresses of people offering their services to do this, but I can't find the list. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Kind Regards
Nerys
Morris - Gwytherin/Llangernyw/Pandy Tudur
Blore - Efenechtyd/Clocaenog
Bloor - Cwm/Newmarket Wales
Price - Llangwm, Poulton cum Seacomb/Bebington
Roberts - Llanelidan - 'Pantrwth' Eyarth, Liverpool, Sheffield, Llanrwst
Roberts - Brookhouse Denbigh, Bontuchel
Williams - Abergele
Hughes - Llanfairtalhaiarn
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline Lemon Nelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • The never ending journey
    • View Profile
Re: Slamannan Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 June 11 23:21 BST (UK) »
Hi, I checked Slamannan on the Memento Mori site and no Findlays are recorded buried in the Slamannan church yard.  By the time your people were buried it would more than likely have been in one of the bigger cemeteries for the Falkirk area, Gransable or Camelon. 
Tripney, Howes, Lapsley, Davies, Evans, Allan, Green,

Offline mosstrooper

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 June 11 00:02 BST (UK) »
Nelly,
          I clicked on your link but all I get is the name Momentomori flashing away in the middle of the screen, no web site.

I was wondering if you had access to those records, if you could look in the Muiravonside Cemetery for Neyrs relatives, a lot of Slamannan and Avonbridge people went there.

I tried to look myself but the link you gave don't work.

James.

Offline Lemon Nelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 June 11 00:12 BST (UK) »
ooops sorry this should work, I looked at Muiravonside but couldn't see them
http://www.memento-mori.co.uk/

Try this one too
http://www.findagraveinscotland.com/search/basic_submit/

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 June 11 14:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for the links, I will have a good study later. I know the Findlays came from different places as listed on the various census so I have had a quick look at New Monkland anc Old Monkland where there are many Findlays to look up.

Kind regards
Nerys
Morris - Gwytherin/Llangernyw/Pandy Tudur
Blore - Efenechtyd/Clocaenog
Bloor - Cwm/Newmarket Wales
Price - Llangwm, Poulton cum Seacomb/Bebington
Roberts - Llanelidan - 'Pantrwth' Eyarth, Liverpool, Sheffield, Llanrwst
Roberts - Brookhouse Denbigh, Bontuchel
Williams - Abergele
Hughes - Llanfairtalhaiarn
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 22:51 BST (UK) »
Nelly tried that link but it kept saying file damaged???,I am looking for any Stein burials,particularly in Muiravonside as I know for certain my grandparents James and Elizabeth Stein are there.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline Lemon Nelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Seoras, sorry about the link, don't know why it isn't working for you it takes me straight through.  Anyway I checked Muiravonside and no Steins on the graves listed, that isn't to say they are not there as they just might not have been added yet.
I also checked Polmont, not there either and the only Steins listed so far in Camelon are Ian Norman Stein who died in 1942 aged 21, Isabella Stein nee Campbell died in 194? (stone must have been faded) aged 56, and Norman Alexander Stein died 1954 aged 67?
Don't know if they are yours at all, sorry again about site

Offline Lemon Nelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 10:28 BST (UK) »
Nerys, couldn't see any Findlays in Slammannan, checked Camelon none on their list, Polmont has the following, not sure if they are of interest to you?
Malcolm Findlay D 1958 aged 78, Mary D 1962 aged 71, William Findlay D  1942 WW1 aged 22, in Denny there is a Helen Findlay but she was 80 when she died in 1981, her maiden name was Welsh
Again your Findlays will be somewhere just not listed yet, or no headstone

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Nelly,thanks for looking,I do have a Stein/Campbell link somewhere,will have to check on that.Strange as they had several children,some of whom have gone and are buried in the area,though the girls of course could be under their married names,Heeps and Hendry.I do have a pic of my grandparents thanks to a Rootschatter and so know they are in Muiravonside.The only other info I have at present is there may be others in the same lair.Thanks again for taking the time to look.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth