Author Topic: 1841 census- Abernethy  (Read 17631 times)

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census- Abernethy
« Reply #18 on: Friday 01 November 13 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello TunjiLees

I think you are absolutely right that your ancestor Robert Robertson is related to my Robertson ancestors. I do not know where your Robert fits in but im pretty sure he would have been a son or nephew of my Hugh Robertson who was born in Errol in 1769.
I have often wondered if Hugh was married firstly to Elizabeth Will but i've not had any conclusive proof yet but perhaps it's time to start searching again.

I'm descended from Hugh and Mary's son Thomas Robertson, yes the Thomas who bought lair 51 and i suspect that Robert and Thomas were half brothers or possibly cousins.

I'll have to dig out the tree again and get back to you on a few things but i wonder if we could check on the naming pattern of Robert and Katherine's children and see if there would be a link there to older generations that lay undiscovered to us.

Kat  :)
ROBERTSON- Glasgow, Bathgate, Newburgh, Abdie, Abernethy, St Madoes.<br />MALCOLM/CONSTABLE- Abernethy, Dunning.<br />FORSYTH/COWAN- Glasgow, Cathcart.<br />FOTHERINGHAM/PATON/PITKETHLY-Newburgh, Abernethy.<br />BISSLAND/MILLER- New/East Kilpatrick, Glasgow.<br />BARLOW- Lancashire, Glasgow.<br />MITCHELL/JOHNSTON- Buchanan, New/East Kilpatrick.<br />KILROY- London, MIddx/Balinrobe Mayo <br />KAVANAGH/NORTON-Dublin Eire

Offline TunjiLees

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census- Abernethy
« Reply #19 on: Monday 04 November 13 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Robert Robertson m. Catharine Keir 12 Jun 1819 Errol, Perth had 10 children:
-Peter b. 1820 Errol
-Janet b. 1823 Grange, Errol
-George b. 1825 Muirhouses, Errol
-Elizabeth b. 1827 Newburgh
-Robert b. 1829 Newburgh
-James b. 1832 Newburgh
-Alexander b. 1834 Newburgh
-Catharine b. 1836 Newburgh
-James b. 1838 Newburgh
-Melvill b. 1841 Newburgh
[I haven't checked any of the original records for the Newburgh births. Does anyone know whether Newburgh OPRs have additional information such as witnesses or place of residence?]
Catharine Keir was born 1796 Kinnaird, to John Keir, Labourer/Joiner, & Janet Whittet.

Please let me know if you dig anything up, or have any ideas/leads =)

Tunji
LEES/LEE - Interested in all Northern Irish families, particularly those from Cos. Londonderry, Tyrone, & Antrim.

See the project website @ ulsterlees.azurewebsites.net