Author Topic: McIntosh-Cramb-Carruthers in Dunblane, Scotland  (Read 21816 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McIntosh-Cramb-Carruthers in Dunblane, Scotland
« Reply #18 on: Monday 16 December 13 00:58 GMT (UK) »
David - Just found out Agnes and Peter had an elder brother  :o so double checked on SP
GRO348/007 0074
Alexander Ross McKay 24 Jul 1904 Kinbuck Dunblane and Lecropt. Parents Alexander Ross McKay & Christine Ann McKay nee McIntosh.
Have contacted a member with a private tree who has details...looks as tho' he went to the US or Canada...What a surprise.  Could not print the birth out as my printer on the blink.
What do you think....All the best Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline DavidW2014

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 16 December 13 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Of course anything is possible.  I will ask my father when I speak to him again.  Wouldn't mind at all if this other researcher wants to contact me and exchange info.  If it's true then he/she must be quite closely related to me, possibly as close as a second cousin, or second cousin once removed, since he/she would be descended from my grand-uncle.  Yes I do have a third child listed on my tree, but know nothing about him, 'Alistair' b. abt 1906, (I'll amend the date to what you have said here) which was also how Alexander was known and even my own father who is named after old Sandy, 'Alistair/Alister' is of course the Gaelic for Alexander.  But I assumed the child may have died in infancy, because he seemed to play no part in their 'oral history' after that.  My grandmother and her brother were pretty much the whole thing, as far as I know, and were sent off to a Quarriers home together.  ;D  Thanks for your reply.  It's been a long time since I looked at this branch but I will get my notes out and check the census records when I get a chance, to see what and why I knew about Alastair.  If you turn up anything else I would be happy to see it.  I have a tree on ancestry.com.  I think we communicated some time back about the Cramb's?  :)

Offline DavidW2014

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 16 December 13 06:56 GMT (UK) »
I should add that if the other person does get in touch, I have quite a bit of work done on the family of the Mckay's back in Nairn, and Invernessshire, even photographs of Alexander's father's home (which I took in Nairn) which is still standing.  All on my tree on ancestry.  :)

Offline munroist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 16 December 13 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi David and PAT
Alex Mckay aged 6 1911 census 39 Lower Craigs Stirling with Christine McKay,Agnes ,Peter and my grandfather who was a lodger John Morrison.
Donald

Offline munroist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 16 December 13 20:21 GMT (UK) »
David
alaistair McKay was still alive when I was young my mum thinks his daughter went to Canada ,I have photo of Alaistair in China with army 1931 and also a photo of John Morrison,Johnny Morrison ,Donald Morrison Peter Mckay,Alaister Mckay,Thomas Morison outside their house in I think Alva.Christina McIntosh has on her wedding to John Morrison that she was a widow ,of course I don't know how true that would be.
hope this helps
Donald

Offline DavidW2014

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 December 13 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Dear Donald, I don't know where my head was when I was looking at these postings the other day.  Of course I know Jean McKay, and her children, they went to London Ontario in the 1970's I believe.   I have such a large tree and tend to think of the dead more than the living or recently dead.  At that side of the family not always sure how people connect, not having studied the living.  Met them when I was a kid.  My parents often visited aunt Cath at Alva, and her second husband Alex Harley.  Of course her daughter Jean went to Canada, I am about the same age as her children and met them a couple of times when they were very young.  As for the honesty of Christina-Ann McIntosh, well what can I say there  I just don't know, but I can verify that her first husband was still alive during WWII, he was working at that point as an ARP Warden in Glasgow, watching buildings which could go on fire after the German bombers were over Glasgow.  He came to stay with my grandparents for a short time during the war, and my father who wasn't born until 1929 met him.  My grandmother was informed of her father's death about that time 45/46 (haven't nailed that date down) and had to go then to get his belongings from a hospital/hospice (in Erskine as far as I know).  He was a bit of a drunk apparently.  Would be interesting to see these photographs you mention.  My father would appreciate seeing them.  Incidentally I know of Ian and Jim Morrison and James's children, how do you relate to them?  Apologies for just not knowing these things.  :)  My parents still live in Glasgow, I live in Texas with my wife.

Offline munroist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 17 December 13 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi David
my dad was Thomas Morrison youngest son of John Morrison and Christine McIntosh.
Donald
ps attached photo Alaister/Alex right hand side 1931 and photo of John Morrison ,Johnny,Peter Alaister Donald and Thomas.
from top left Donald,Thomas and Johnny Morrison,bottom left Alaistair McKAY ,John Morrison and Peter Mckay

Offline munroist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 17 December 13 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi David
reattached Alaister 1931 he is on the right side right hand side.had to resize photo
Donald

Offline DavidW2014

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 18 December 13 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Donald, fantastic photographs.  I'll get these to my old Dad who'll be excited to see them.  My Dad incidentally is 'Alastair' Wilson, son of Agnes Cramb McKay & James Wilson, and brother to Ina Craig.